Night Train's Logging Arch, with pictures!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have been busy today, logging.

The tree, 65' of Silver Birch at the bottom of a long sloping garden.
DSC00378.jpg

"Timber!"
DSC00383.jpg

Other end, missed the shed!
DSC00384.jpg

The secret to landing the tree right on target, an accurate cut.
DSC00385.jpg

Makeshift winch controls, a cut up set of jump leads and a battery isolator switch.
DSC00388.jpg

Makeshift rigging as well. Had to rig up 40m of winch cable and ropes to reach the bottom end of the tree.
DSC00387.jpg

The Logging Arch would only get to the bottom of the slope so from there I had to winch off a tree to gain some upwards lift to keep the log from digging into the ground. Occasionally the back of the car left the ground and I had to chock the front wheels with a pile of bricks. ;)

And one of the 3 bits of tree trunk, in addition to a big pile of tops, I had to winch out with my makeshift Logging Arch. It was made over night from a scrap multigym and some trollet wheels.
DSC00392.jpg

I had finally winched out all the tree to the drive way by 8pm and loaded the heaviest log onto my trailer by 9pm. I will have to return for the rest tomorrow as it was too dark to continue loading.

So there we have it, Night Train's Logging Arch!;)

Where's Arch?

Night Train said:
The Logging Arch is the grey arch shaped thing with wheels in the last pic. It is holding one end of the log up to make it easier to tush out.

I don't know who's being rooshed here.;)

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
All the trees in the second to last picture are coming out too to make space for an extension to be built. I'll be tushing them up that hillside too as they will all fall down the slope.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Some 'hell of a jobs' are just fun and a huge adrenalin rush as the tree creaks and I make a run for it just before it falls.

There was one 'casualty' though. A small wooden planter that was rooted to the ground. I told the client the tree will land on it, and it did. Squashed it flat into the ground. ;) She was impressed.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I was expecting to see pictures of NT flogging Arch!!!!

I want my money back! (so I can book myself into the Opticians). :biggrin:

I thought the same then realised it was logging and not flogging and 1.5 years in the adult industry made me fear something altogether more er... inappropriate!

Nice to see its not sexual and just you chopping down trees. :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Wigsie said:
I thought the same then realised it was logging and not flogging and 1.5 years in the adult industry made me fear something altogether more er... inappropriate!

Nice to see its not sexual and just you chopping down trees. :sad:

What position did you hold in the adult industry, Wigsie?

Top Bottom