No Helmet Use An Airbag Instead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twiggy

assumes the bike doesn't get dragged under the wheels and you along with it.

Also doesn't take into account cycling positions, differences with larger/higher vehicles, or vehicle shape. Seems to make too many assumptions.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Yes I took it as pie in the sky. Don't know if many cyclists get sucked under cars with their bikes, more of a HGV thing I would think. They would be better having urban area speed limiters.
:evil:

There is nothing to stop all motor vehicles having GPS activated speed limiters, that limit the vehicles top speed to that of the area they are in, but that would mean no more camera revenue of course.

LLB

Twiggy said:
assumes the bike doesn't get dragged under the wheels and you along with it.

Also doesn't take into account cycling positions, differences with larger/higher vehicles, or vehicle shape. Seems to make too many assumptions.

Ahem....

2. Car geometry factors such as bonnet length or bonnet – windscreen angle have no influence on obtained injuries.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Catrike UK said:
There is nothing to stop all motor vehicles having GPS activated speed limiters, that limit the vehicles top speed to that of the area they are in, but that would mean no more camera revenue of course.

Sounds like a fine idea to me. There was talk of insurance companies using a similar concept to increase target their charges recently. Limiting would seem a much better use for the technology.

LLB

Catrike UK said:

Could you include provision for this device on the Catrikes as well :evil:

Twiggy

linfordlunchbox said:

Exactly...

They are claiming that no matter the shape or size of the vehicle that is has no impact on injuries.

A big car passed me today, humvee I think, it was raised up on "fat rims" or some other such, and I'm certain if it hit me side I'd be suffering serious injuries to my arm and chest, possibly a head injury too.

domtyler

Über Member
linfordlunchbox said:
Could you include provision for this device on the Catrikes as well :evil:

What speed would you want them to be limited to considering the fact that speed limits only apply to powered vehicles?

Top Bottom