No lights - RLJ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OvertheHill

Über Member
Unbelievable - about 6-30pm tonight on the Bury New Road in Prestwich a guy cycled through the red lights at Marks & Spencers. No lights on his bike, no hi-vis gear I could see. In fact he had jeans and a grey jacket on. Anyone that knows that junction will know that cars always jump the lights. Utter madness :becool:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Last two nights i have seen two no lights/no hi viz riders in Macclesfield at rush hour. I feel nervous with night riding if i have only one rear light on my bike whatever i am wearing and how ever many front lights i have. Some people just have no foresight:angry:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I saw someone cycling down the wrong side of the road with no front light, and then go around a roundabout the wrong way! nearly got hit by a hgv and a bus. not smart

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I come across a regular fixie who rides down the Chelsea Embankment at 8 pm wearing dark shoes, dark jeans, and a dark ,( not desert ), camouflage jacket.

No lights at all. I wonder if he is trying to get to that cosy Dignitas clinic in Zurich, but keeps changing his mind on a daily basis.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I feel like a right fool sometimes with the amount of lights and stuff, but if I get to work, and more importantly HOME, in one piece then fine...........

Some seriously stupid idiots out there...........

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
Saw someone with a fibre flare the other week, btw, Fossy. Looked extremely visible!!
Was he on a white cervelo? I see that guy a few times a week going from victoria over vauxhal bridge and towards croydon, with two on his seat stays, both flashing.

One of my workmates said he saw me on the road this morning and I looked like a Christmas Tree.:smile:

....but why not....relatively cheap to run with rechargeables..

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I have a set of chirstmas lights which can run off two double aa batries. I am quite tempted to wear them one day, then i could really be lit up like a christmas tree.

Jezston

Über Member
gaz said:
I have a set of chirstmas lights which can run off two double aa batries. I am quite tempted to wear them one day, then i could really be lit up like a christmas tree.

It's getting close to christmas - do it!

And wear a santa hat over your helmet. :smile:

gaz said:

Good idea.

I've ordered 45 leds (3 battery sets x 15 led off of ebay),I have a commute on 24 December.

Now when im regarderd as lit like a christmas tree I will be.:tongue:

GrahamNR17

OvertheHill said:
Unbelievable - about 6-30pm tonight on the Bury New Road in Prestwich a guy cycled through the red lights at Marks & Spencers. No lights on his bike, no hi-vis gear I could see. In fact he had jeans and a grey jacket on. Anyone that knows that junction will know that cars always jump the lights. Utter madness :sad:
It's ok, it's just Natural Selection doing its thing :biggrin:

yashicamat

Hacienda71 said:
Last two nights i have seen two no lights/no hi viz riders in Macclesfield at rush hour. I feel nervous with night riding if i have only one rear light on my bike whatever i am wearing and how ever many front lights i have. Some people just have no foresight:angry:

I commute across Macclesfield a few times a week by bike, in the morning before the rush hour, but the last few weeks in the dark evening rush hour cycling home I've seen some madness, including a "kid" on a BMX type bike heading towards me on my side of the road, in dark clothes, with traffic about! He seemed to think it was a joke, he hopped onto the footpath as he went past me then as I glanced behind, he popped back onto the carriageway. There were cycle lanes, but just marked lanes so there's nothing physically stopping a car swerving into the lane.

Darwin, you're needed . . .

Top Bottom