1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no more horses for a while

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Arch, 8 Jan 2008.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Just had what might be my last riding lesson for a while, got to eke out the budget a bit. But I got to ride my favourite pony, Puzzle, a lovely piebald mare, about 14 hands, and bless her, she was as good as gold for me today (sometimes, she's a bit willfull, well, she takes advantage of my ineptitude, like all horses do, but today I felt good...) and I had a great time (If I don't do well, I come away feeling useless). Dunno when I'll go again, it'll depend on getting a job, and one that allows me to have Tuesday afternoons off to go with my mates.;)

Thinking about it, that's pretty much my one and only luxury (unless you count the odd M and S sandwich and knitting wool and owning more than one bike, none of which are very valuable) Ho hum...

Still, I got a lift out with Simon, so I got a ride in the MGB again:biggrin:

Right, tomorrow is CV and letter day. So I may stay at home to avoid you lot distracting me... Tsk! :rolleyes:

2. Noodley

Noodley Guest

If I knew how to post a picture I could post one of the latest member of the Noodley 'family' for you to adopt in a "horse on the forum" kind of way. :rolleyes:

3. i've only got a couple of horsey pics... have this one

1935222245_c5190e0729_b.jpg

4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

minstrel060108006.jpg

There you go, here's Noodley horse. She is called Minstrel, Minnie for short as I did not fancy walking up the field shouting something which could be mistaken for "Menstrual"

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

You need a CV for McDonalds?

6. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

This is completely off topic, or a completely "off" topic, but of particular interest to people who like pachyderms. Today I saw some paper that was recycled from elephant poo. :biggrin::biggrin: (ellypoo).

* switches off fan and leaves the room *

7. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

A Noodley Pieballed horse called Minnie: There's a joke there somewhere, I just can't quite reach it :biggrin:

8. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Arch,
    I hope you will still carry polo mints and sugar cubes for any fortunate equine friends you meet in your travels.

T x

9. longers

longers Veteran

Bonny horse that is, Noodley :biggrin:.

10. LLB

LLB Guest

If you think lessons are expensive, try ownership......

11. the boy was in the hallway drinking a glass of tea...

12. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Sell your gas guzzler, ride everywhere on Dobbin.

Think of the money you'll save! you could be The Horse Man of Cheltenham.

13. Charlotte_C+ :-)

Charlotte_C+ :-) New Member

Shes so beautiful!:biggrin:

Know how you feel arch, i havnt got much spare cash either:blush:. as ive not been on a horse sinse my 21st in feb, when i had a 2 hour trek across dartmoor on a beauitiful 14h mare, she was so sweet & gentle!, didnt want it to end:smile: lol

14. LLB

LLB Guest

Plenty of them around here, Home of the Gold cup and all that.

One of ours :- [​IMG]

15. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

all hourses are pillocks.