No shoot, Sherlock!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
trustysteed said:

This explains why I don't get out of breath using the remote while watching footie on the TV. I thought I was just super fit. Thank God for universities and research, I say!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I suspect (I think I remember hearing it) that when it came out, the Wii was hailed as the way to get kids more active... so this research probably did need to be done, to dispel the myth...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
People have died playing computer games by not taking breaks, eating, sleeping etc. (cue the crazy Japs) so that's probably how he lost a stone !!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
I suspect (I think I remember hearing it) that when it came out, the Wii was hailed as the way to get kids more active... so this research probably did need to be done, to dispel the myth...

Do you have an undeclared interest in standing up for uni researchers?:angry:

rich p said:
Do you have an undeclared interest in standing up for uni researchers?:angry:

Well at least its independent. If Sony did (read: funded) a similar piece of research they'd hardly say that the Wii is bad for you; and if their competitors did (again read: funded) the research they'd come out saying that their particular product is better...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Kirstie said:
Well at least its independent. If Sony did (read: funded) a similar piece of research they'd hardly say that the Wii is bad for you; and if their competitors did (again read: funded) the research they'd come out saying that their particular product is better...

Whoa! I was just kidding! Some of my best friends are researchers (and my wife incidentally):biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The Wii is light exercise to some muscles, it is not vigorous exercise. If you play some of the games like they were designed by flicking the wrists well they use barely any energy, if you get into it and go OTT then they use a fair bit but it's still light exercise.

Top Bottom