No Tuck Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Veteran
This one looks fun, if I was 30 years younger :laugh:

1616757461231.png

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The UCI don't govern them
The UCI don't govern the average club rider either but these safety measures seem to be so we don't copy the pros?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Their very words

To help ensure the safety of everyone in a race, riders need to be in total control of their bike at all times, while setting an example to less experienced cyclists.

It has certainly worked on me. From first of April I will be very strict about putting my arse on the saddle and not on the handlebars, and my hands on the bars and not the pedals. I have been getting away with too much for too long.
Next you'll be putting the right shoe on the right foot, madness

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The UCI don't govern the average club rider either but these safety measures seem to be so we don't copy the pros?
But UCI govern BC and BC govern the clubs, so I'd expect these to be outlawed in club races soon and probably BC-insured non-competitive rides (because, after all, this is how certain other UCI racing rules have infested UK sportives).

figbat

Slippery scientist
This came up on another thread and I suggested that dropper posts might appear. Yes, in MTB they are used to get the saddle out of the way to allow more movement and unhindered ability to get your arse over the rear axle for big drops or manuals, but there's no reason you can't stay seated with the saddle dropped and on the road I have done exactly this on my MTB on a fast descent. I can't say if it was notably quicker but it's all about them incremental gains, innit?

Reactions: mjr

T4tomo

Guru
They appear to have banned Caleb Ewan from sprinting and gravel/cx/xc riders from using dropper posts
Ewan gets very low and forward, but he holds the drops with his hands in a "normal" position and he doesn't rest his chest on the bars, he's hovering above them as the bike is swinging beneath him.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Ewan gets very low and forward, but he holds the drops with his hands in a "normal" position and he doesn't rest his chest on the bars, he's hovering above them as the bike is swinging beneath him.

1616771698785.png
1616771732597.png

The hand position is different, but he is leaning forward on the handlebars. I hope he does not get pulled up for it, I don't think he can see up the road much, so I hope he is out front and there is not a gaggle of photographers just past the line.

Top Bottom