No Vac Passport.

Chislenko

Apparently today the Vaccines Minister has dismissed the idea of a Vaccine Passport.

Just a few days ago a lot of popular sunny holiday destinations stated they would welcome UK holiday makers who have been vaccinated.

I realise that a Vac Passport like anything else can be forged but wonder now how these holiday makers can prove they have been vaccinated.

Also when everybody has been vaccinated what will the Vaccine Minister find to do all day?

Someone will finally give him the needle.

Ajax Bay

Guru
today the Vaccines Minister has dismissed the idea of a Vaccine Passport.
. . . wonder now how these holiday makers can prove they have been vaccinated.
Also when everybody has been vaccinated what will the Vaccine Minister find to do all day?
There are complex considerations when deciding whether a 'Covid-19 vaccine passport' is a good idea. The primary downside is discrimination.
This is not a vaccine one will be able to 'buy' any time soon (I assume). This summer (say end-July) we might hope that all over 20s will have been offered a vaccine - first dose, at least. If 'vaccine passports' are issued I assume they wouldn't be issued/valid until 14 days after the second dose. Will just the parents but not children be able to take advantage of the sort of holiday? Or is this for people who think cruises are a good idea?
Zidawi did say that the information will be held by the person's GP implying that 'evidence' could be obtained that way.
I'm sure Zidawi will be super pleased to see the vaccination effort successfully completed, and then continue to serve the government and the people of UK in whichever role the Prime Minister decides.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Think cruises have been suggested as another holiday type where they may demand evidence of vaccination, that's all: as in Greece, Spain et al "popular sunny holiday destinations".

midlife

Guru
The plan as I gather is that proof of vaccination will not be needed to see a doctor, see a dentist, visit the pub, and all the stuff we do day to day.

Travel I believe is a bit different as you need vaccination to go to various places already,

classic33

Legendary Member
Says on this NHS site it is our legal right to free access to our medical records (including vaccinations)

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/about-the-nhs/how-to-access-your-health-records/
You can't access what isn't there.
The question was
"How much does a GP's letter cost nowadays?"
The answer being given in the post you quoted.

Your medical records are written in a way that doesn't really give much information, unless you're aware of what you're looking for. Medication given will be recorded as date given and amount(dose).

They are intended for reading by someone medically trained. Not the average person. Often in a shorthand method.

Top Bottom