No wonder the roads a full of bad drivers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was coming to this roundabout ..

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=new...oid=NZMlL_uTjS4-f-IAEX5W7w&cbp=12,285.67,,0,0

( google have not got photos from where i was i am where the silver car is and the driving instructor is where the camera is placed )

I am on the middle of the road close to the line and clearly indicating ...

The car is indicating to turn right and has stopped at the give way sign , both the learner and the instructor make eye contact with me , seeing they have stopped i start to pull onto the roundabout and then they pull out and foce me to hit the brakes !!
I did not catch the name of the company , it was not a big franchise that is easy to remember and i was to busy stopping and shouting "IDIOT !" in a very non Scottish unsqueaky voice :ohmy:

If this is how people are taught to drive these days no wonder the driving standards have fallen ...

JamesAC

Give way to traffic from the right.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I had a learner and instructor do a CLOSE pass once

That I could forgive, but then the driver swered into the kerbside to stop me filtering

I went up the right hand side and said something like "Tally Ho , Old Bean"

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
No i had right of way i was on the right !!

You cannot get a street view of where i was as they have not got a photo as i stated in the OP

The learner is where the view point is, i was where the car you can see on the right is .....

Tynan

Veteran
clear enough to me at least ck so they pulled out on you at a rab essentially

you do wonder, either the learner went for it, ie the instructor didn't have him/the car in hand

or the instructor told the learner to go for it

Disturbing. If you've got the instructor's details, you could always report them to the Drivign Standards Agency, who I think licence them.

I have seen poor driving from an instructor by himself once, and rode up to the window as I (inevitably) caught him up. I started into a lecture about how, as a learner, I understood his poor driving, but he shouldn't be out without the instructor. He blushed scarlet.

Another time, my teenage son embarrassed another instructor by showing greater knowledge than her about ASLs - in front of a pupil :smile:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I did not catch the name of the company , it was not a big franchise that is easy to remember and i was to busy stopping and shouting "IDIOT !" in a very non Scottish unsqueaky voice :ohmy:

If this is how people are taught to drive these days no wonder the driving standards have fallen ...

I had a near miss with a learner driver today too... Was so shocked at the sight of the instructor trying to wrestle the wheel to the right while the learner was holding it as tight as he could, that I hit a raised drain cover - which I knew there - lost my balance, clipped the kerb, wobbled for a few inches before managing to unclip my left foot, that although i looked right at the sign on the top of the car as it carried on pat me, it didn't register in my brain.:cursing:

Foghorn_leghorn

I had a similar thing with a learner driver a few months ago. The driver passed too close on a nice straight piece of road. Further along at the roundabout I caught up with the car and made a few choice remarks and adjusted the nearside door mirror as I filtered past. A few hundred yards up the road the car passed again, at least as close as the 1st time, but this time with the instructor's hand on the wheel.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I did once go up to the open window of a car with L plates and tell the driver "if you drive like that on your test, love, you'll fail". Don't think it was well-received

Top Bottom