Nooooo, Im Bike-Less

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

After the issues with the Cube, im in the Caad8, however after 12 miles tonight I ripped the Mech hanger off climbing :-(

HOW?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
bloody hell mate!!

It's just not happening with the bikes is it?
how logn will it take to sort either out?

GrasB

Veteran
fook me, you're either a monster or jinxed
Jinxed I feel. The rear mech hanger takes very little load under normal conditions, even during a full on sprint. I can only imagine that some how the chain got jammed in the rear mech & it was wrenched like that.

david1701

I did that once off road on an mtb, wasn't a brilliant bike kinda 2-300 full sus type. I abandoned the bike for parts for my commuter :biggrin:

subaqua

What’s the point
i did that when i was 15 on a raleigh phantom . stod up gave it beans and bang the frame broke where the rear mech bolted on.

claud crimes in Chester ( clues in the name i think) did their best as a raleigh dealer to avoid doing anything warranty. happily they failed and i got a new frame.

Svendo

Guru
Wow, I remember Claude Crimes when it was still on Bridge Street, before it moved to near the Bus Station. Which is also now gone. Apparently when it shut the buisness was bought by the owners of Dawes Brothers who also moved and became The Bike Factory. Or possibly the other way round. I still have a light weight fleece with Claude Crimes written on it.

Now I think about it there's a 50/50 chance my first 2 wheeler (as pictured on left, not my actual one unfortunately) came from that shop.

subaqua

What’s the point
Wow, I remember Claude Crimes when it was still on Bridge Street, before it moved to near the Bus Station. Which is also now gone. Apparently when it shut the buisness was bought by the owners of Dawes Brothers who also moved and became The Bike Factory. Or possibly the other way round. I still have a light weight fleece with Claude Crimes written on it.

Now I think about it there's a 50/50 chance my first 2 wheeler (as pictured on left, not my actual one unfortunately) came from that shop.

OK slightly of topic

Dawes brothers or Davies Bros on cuppin street. bought my first PDM cycling top from there.

Top Bottom