normal shoes and spd pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
hi guys and gals

i currently have spd pedals on my bike but would sometimes like to just wear normal shoes if not travelling too far. i wondered if there is something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_1157wt_1139

that can have cleats attached to them?

cheers

paul

Never seen anything like that advertised .

I have Shimano 530 pedals for the same reasons.They have spd on one side and a flat pedal on the other.530 Pedals

OP
OP
G

galactico

i will put the idea to the dragons den. it'll make millions....millions i tell ya
biggrin.gif

Peter10

No they won't take cleats. Cleats is a word used a lot in the USA as a term for studded shoes like golf shoes or astro-turf football boots. These are simply studs for ice or ice-cleats.

There is an answer in that you can clip a platform into the SPD fitting on the pedal as with this one from Shimano:

asset_7490380.jpg

Decathlon used to stock them

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
There is an answer in that you can clip a platform into the SPD fitting on the pedal as with this one from Shimano:

asset_7490380.jpg

Decathlon used to stock them

I used to have them on the Norco (they came with the bike), once they had worn a bit they became horribly slippery in the wet, but they do give you a street legal spd for night time cycling...

They are slippery...however I don't like the alternate cleat/platform type pedals for everyday riding, I use the clip in platforms once a week on my ride down to the train station on the way to football so I don't have to wear cycling shoes all afternoon

Wouldn't want to ride around regularly on them though

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
On one of my bikes I have one side flat one side SPD. I also went on a very long bike ride at the weekend and forgot my SPD shoes so had to cycle 100 miles in a pair of borrowed trainers on m520 SPD pedals. I wouldn't recommend it but it is possible... :biggrin: shorter distances on the flat 2 or 3 miles is probably fine.

Top Bottom