Northampton Vs Gloucester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Ok i'm trying very hard to trype crrectly, i've been drinking since 1 so quite well on. What a game today, both teams played so well, best game of the season as far as i'm concerned. Both teams were after trys, not just kickng everything. Thats the first trophy of th season for Saints, hopefully more to come! (we are on for the tripple!!!!!)

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Go Saints!!!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yes, but sadly that will count for nothing on a patch of turf in South-West London on 29th May where 80 minutes will decide who gets the trophy.

Hopefully it will be contested by two East Midlands clubs, the two most honest rugby clubs in the country, where players and wages are determined by the fans, not some reckless Sugar Daddy, where kickers from both sides are treated with an eerie silence, the game is played on a pitch grown and tended purely for rugby, and a modern ground serves beer that can either be drunk in a pleasant bar, or taken into the ground to watch the game.

Lizban

BrumJim said:
Yes, but sadly that will count for nothing on a patch of turf in South-West London on 29th May where 80 minutes will decide who gets the trophy.

Hopefully it will be contested by two East Midlands clubs, the two most honest rugby clubs in the country, where players and wages are determined by the fans, not some reckless Sugar Daddy, where kickers from both sides are treated with an eerie silence, the game is played on a pitch grown and tended purely for rugby, and a modern ground serves beer that can either be drunk in a pleasant bar, or taken into the ground to watch the game.
Nice post - But I'm sure there's a few Irish fans who after the 'hand of back' think that it is honest rugby!

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Maz said:
Tigers top of the league!!
Technically yes, but you can't really believe it makes any difference. Saints have won 17 out of the last 18 games, including two against Tigers. Have a game in hand as well, it's clear we are the top two sides in the league at the moment, i agree with Brumjim completely, although Gloucester are another team who are genuinely seeking tries at the moment. I'm just happy we have some silverware to add to the ECC last season, think we need another though, certainly deserve it after the season we've had!

Maz

Guru
BrumJim said:
Yes, but sadly that will count for nothing on a patch of turf in South-West London on 29th May where 80 minutes will decide who gets the trophy...
TIGERS!!!!
TIGERS!!!!

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Well done Tigers, very glad they won today, BrumJim will tell you I was supporting Tigers today! Was a great game as well.

But Maz don't gloat too much, it's Rugby, hope you didn't rub it in the faces of the Sarries supporters. I'm still so happy with how Saints did this season, going from relegation 3 seasons ago, winning two cups since then. furthest English team in the Heineken Cup and the most wins in the Premiership, which a few seasons ago would have put us top before the bonus points :laugh:

Next year will be a cracker, can't wait!

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

DJ said:
I am glad Saracens didn't win yesterday.

Come on the Baa Baa's this afternoon.

When will anyone realise that Johnson is a crap manager!
Agree with you on the first point, well i suppose i would considering they knocked Saints out of the running. The whole business with their coaching staff has also annoyed me immensely.

I could never wish for England to loose though, it's just not in me. Will support the England rugby team no matter what. I don't see some of the logic in a few team selections. Saracens have a few players which would slot nicely into the England line, especially Goode and Saul. They have massive potential.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

BrumJim said:
TIGERS!!
TIGERS!!

Sorry - lost my voice shouting yesterday. Great game - either could have one, and both deserved to win.
Not sure i agree mate, Saracens were outplayed for the majority of the match. Tigers forwards just dominated, Sarries line out was a joke again. It did get me thinking what the combination of the Tigers forwards and Sarries backs! Would be a formidable side.

Congratulations though, 7 titles is awesome. Nobody can argue with that.

Maz

Guru
darkstar said:
But Maz don't gloat too much...
TIGERS!!!!
TIGERS!!!!
Tigers.gif
Tigers.gif
Tigers.gif

;)

Top Bottom