1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern Rock Cyclone

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Fnaar, 1 May 2008.

1. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I've just entered this event... the 62 mile jobby... I know I can do the distance, but it'll be a fun day, hopefully... gazillions of people registered, so hope it itsn't TOO popular!
    Anyone else going?
    I know the roads, too... Ryal banks.... the toughest bit...

2. Chris James

Chris James Über Member

Yup, I am doing the 62 miler too. My inlaws live in Ponteland so I vaguely know the roads near the beginning and end of the run but the bits in between are unknown territory!

I will be wearing my Cycle Chat jersey and will be riding a Dawes Audax so say hello if you see me. I have hardly managed to get out on the bike recently (we have a 10 week old baby and the wife is keen for me to give her a hand at weekends) and I am off walking and climbing for three of the preceeding weekends so I can't imagine I'll be going at much of a pace! I just aim to get round and enjoy the scenery.

3. OP
    OP
    Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Righty-ho! I'll put my CC jersey on too! I'll be on my red Giant OCR4 ;)

4. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

I'm entered for the 100 miler... but I'm not actually sure if I am going to be here to do it. I am certainly not in proper sportive condition right now!

5. OP
    OP
    Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Anyone doing this NEXT year...? Registration from 1st Nov... I'm going for the 100 miler this time round. ;)

6. Flying_Monkey

I'll probably be in the middle of moving to Canada then, so it's unlikely! I guess I missed my last chance for my own club's sportive...

7. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Lucky bugger, We will probably be doing the same move in about 3 yrs time. Where about in Canada are you moving to?

8. Flying_Monkey

Kingston, Ontario... if it all works out. There's a couple of hurdles remaining.

9. gavintc

gavintc Guru

You will love it there. I spent 2 1/2 yrs there and met my wife in Kingston. Very happy memories for me.

10. I *may* be doing the 100 miler, but it depends on how many appropriate bribes and sweeteners I receive...

We all love Kingston, ON...

11. OP
    OP
    Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

[inappropriate response] I'll give you a sweetie [/inappropriate response] ;)

12. Well thank you fnaar.
    I love extortion, me...