Norwich ride - October 3rd (SAT) - 10 oclock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Helllooooo!! I'm back in Norwich and wondered if a group of us fancied going out for a longish ride one day (probably a Sat/Sunday).

I'd like to do something between 50-100 miles, depending on how fast (or not!) people would like to do...probably stop off at a tearoom and pub along the way.

Or, if anyone would just like to go out for a spin (maybe 15-30 miles) one day let me know.

I can't say I really know any routes, but hopefully someone might - else, there are a lot of little lanes that I'm sure can be randomly explored.

I've not got internet in my house, but am popping into UNI every so often to check my email and things. Should have internet sometime next week hopefully.

If anyone's interested let me know and we can work out dates and things.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
'Tis a possible but I expect I'm a bit slow for you.

It's an easy train up to Narch from here; perhaps a route that heads southwards so I can get on a train without doing the full 100...

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Auntie Helen said:
'Tis a possible but I expect I'm a bit slow for you.

It's an easy train up to Narch from here; perhaps a route that heads southwards so I can get on a train without doing the full 100...

I'm not after trying to set any records, just have a nice ride around...I suppose somewhere between 12-15mph - really depending on the distance we choose to do, how windy it is and everything else.

I'm happy with whatever really, if the going gets tough we can slow down (might be me people will have to slow for ;)).

colinr

I'll be interested. Don't think I'm up to 100 but nearer 50 is ok. Should be available 3/4 October (subject to having to do not-my-wedding related stuff) or most Tues/Weds/Fri evenings for shorter rides.

Will1985

Über Member
I'm back tomorrow evening, but racing a 25 at Bungay on Saturday and a 50 at Attleborough on Sunday so a social ride is out.

Enjoy the headwinds....I know I won't.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Okay...so, I suppose the three things to sort out are,

Distance:
Date:
Route:

Maybe, nearer the 50 mile mark with the possibility of extending it if people feel up for it.

As for dates, I should be free any Sat/Sunday. 3/4 october sounds like as good a date as any.

Route...how do we want to sort that out?

johnsie

Can't join you in forseeable future, but can recommend heading north-ish from Itteringham up to Plumstead and West Beckham - HFH (high for norfolk!) route, and back through Briston and Wood Dalling.

Reepham Kings Arms is worth a visit for a glass of sherbet!

Screech like a Sirrus!

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
johnsie said:
Can't join you in forseeable future, but can recommend heading north-ish from Itteringham up to Plumstead and West Beckham - HFH (high for norfolk!) route, and back through Briston and Wood Dalling.

Reepham Kings Arms is worth a visit for a glass of sherbet!

Screech like a Sirrus!

Just looked on google maps and it seems like a good idea...this wouldn't be a route to take, but just a quick google maps thingy of where it all is roughly.

I don't really know north norwich...I have got a map though :angry:

We could also do something like.

Head south out of Norwich, starts off on little lanes and it can then either go along a "main road" (norwich road - B1113). I cycled it the other day and it was lovely. It wasn't busy or anything like that, it is just the most obvious route if you were just trying to get somewhere. Quite a few people have fresh fruit and veg for sale in their front garden (I managed to bag myself a bag of free apples :bravo:).

When i got to New Buckenham there was a fish and chip van so I stopped off for some chips.

Could then continue down to Diss (not sure what is there - DVLA?)

linky to route so far.

That's around 25 miles so far. It doesn't seem that difficault to then do a head back another way to norwich to take it to around 50-60 miles.

I'm not sure...what do people fancy?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Yes I would be up for that, Sundays would be better for me if I had the choice

Top Bottom