Not happy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dunlopdave

Hi all
Picked up my new cube nature yesterday took it out today for a long ride and it keeps changing gear on its own (it nearly had me off a couple of times) spoken to LBS they said to take it back and they'd sort it which is good but I see a lot of threads on here saying don't use Halfords etc support your local bike shop.Its a good reputable shop with three or four branches and I like the lads in there but for £600 notes for brand new it should be right.P S it got covered in crap what's the best way of getting it back to how it looked this morning without paying somebody else to do do it ????????

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Are you saying you bought it from your LBS and your LBS have said take it back and they'll sort it? If so I don't see the problem sorry, what have Halfords got to do with it?
Wipe it over with a cloth yourself, you wont have to pay anybody then.

OP
OP
D

Dunlopdave

Are you saying you bought it from your LBS and your LBS have said take it back and they'll sort it? If so I don't see the problem sorry, what have Halfords got to do with it?
Wipe it over with a cloth yourself, you wont have to pay anybody then.
Yes I bought it from LBS and 2nd I was just wondering if there was any good cleaning prods out there that won't scratch the paint job when I take the crud off

potsy

Rambler
If it's very muddy then a hosepipe and a bucket of water with car shampoo is best, if it's not too bad then a few baby wipes should be enough.
Gear changing is probably only a half turn of the barrel adjuster, but you are right in it should have been set up correctly when it left the shop (you expect the cables to stretch after a few hundred miles though)

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Depends how bad it is I guess, I generally find wet wipes or some soapy water is enough, Muc Off seems to be well thought of though.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Gear changing is probably only a half turn of the barrel adjuster, but you are right in it should have been set up correctly when it left the shop (you expect the cables to stretch after a few hundred miles though)
It should be yes, but would it make a difference if the bike had been test ridden or not? The gears would react differently with a bit of resistance than they would do on a bike stand wouldn't they?

G-Zero

Über Member
Hi all
Picked up my new cube nature yesterday took it out today for a long ride and it keeps changing gear on its own (it nearly had me off a couple of times) spoken to LBS they said to take it back and they'd sort it which is good but I see a lot of threads on here saying don't use Halfords etc support your local bike shop.Its a good reputable shop with three or four branches and I like the lads in there but for £600 notes for brand new it should be right.P S it got covered in crap what's the best way of getting it back to how it looked this morning without paying somebody else to do do it ????????

Dave,

My Cube was exactly the same last week, gentle ride home from the LBS and everything was fine, but as soon as I got it out on a proper ride, same problem at the back.

As suggested already, a bit mess about with the thumb wheel adjuster soon sorted it and it's been ok since.

Top Bottom