now decided (tdef spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
“I stopped when I heard he had a problem. I heard on my radio that he was 15sec behind. I did nothing at all when I knew that Froome was in trouble,” said the Sardinian, who maintained that he did not see the race leader waving his arm in the air, in spite of the fact that he was immediately behind the yellow jersey. “So I agree with Chris that attacking the race leader when he has a problem is not done.”

Aru, winner of the stage to La Planche des Belles Filles last Wednesday, was also keen to build bridges over an incident in which it appeared that the three times Tour de France winner had ridden the Italian into the crowd. “I think it was an involuntary gesture on his part as he asked me to excuse him. He was about to crash so I touched him, there was nothing more in it. There were a lot of people about on the climb; it’s not always easy to handle your bike. It’s so noisy, it’s hard to see where the edge of the road is.”
So Fabio is ok with it.

Froome decided to use the rest day to practice waving his arm in a more obvious manner

1Q1MCx6.gif

OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
Try here http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/video-froome-barges-aru-aff/

Off balance for a long time on a straight road.

It doesn't really start early enough but it's not the first time I've seen Froome wobble into someone, normally he bounces off them but in Aru he found someone with even less gravity.

Adam4868

Guru
I know what you mean,but I also read Yates who was quite vocal about it.

"I think it's a dirty move. I don't like what he did but it's a bike race and he can do what he wants," Yates said after a dramatic day's race at the Tour.

"I'm not going to have any grudges but maybe some of the other guys will. I don't really know what to say. From what I saw it wasn't the correct thing to do."

When told that Aru had claimed not to have seen Froome's call for mechanical assistance, Yates provided a short but definitive response: "[That's] Absolute bullshit."

400bhp

Guru
Someone recently subtly pointed out to me recently the difference between a cynic and a sceptic.

This thread is the former.

Ridiculous.

Top Bottom