Now I'm not racist but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
isn't this weather bloody depressing? It's flaming July but there's nothing flaming about it apart from being flaming awful. The rain here is of biblical proportions right now and there's no way I'm riding in it and guess what? There's worse on the way tomorrow! There's been no let up for weeks now and it is seriously depressing. I'm just glad I'm not on my jolly hollybobs in this country right now. Imagine if it's like this during the Olympics!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I thought it was dry in colne?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Now I'm not racist but.

When I was a copper I arrested someone for Racially Aggravated S4 Public Order, and after a lengthy briefing with the duty solicitor, that was his opening gambit.

I stifled the laughter as his brief sank his head into his clipboard.

Jim_Noir

Racism test, for girls (or boys if you like that sort of thing):

Who would you rather see with his shirt off?
a) Brad Pitt
:biggrin: Sir Trevor McDonald

Who would you rather be waitng at home for you tonight?
a) OJ Simpson
b)Johhny Depp

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
PaulB said:
isn't this weather bloody depressing?

Yes. I had to stop myself cutting my wrists with a ladyshave earlier.

Nothing different from last year or the year before, if my memory serves me correctly.

When they mention 'indian summer' in the forecasts ... I think they just mean lovely takeaways and sitting in front of the box whilst it's pissing down outside. :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes. Depressingly so snapper. The rain patterns are broadly similar to the washout summers of 2007 and 2008 :biggrin:.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Oh and if anyone wants a very wet dog who has rolled in shoot and now wants to play 'stairs' for the entire evening..... feel free :biggrin:

Marin - thought I was right. I remember having a week off in June 2007 and it was that shoot that we just logged on and booked for Cyprus, even thought it cost an arm and a leg and I had to creep to the boss for a couple of extra days.

on the road

Über Member
Strange title for a thread that's got nothing to do with the thread title!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
PaulB said:
isn't this weather bloody depressing? It's flaming July but there's nothing flaming about it apart from being flaming awful. The rain here is of biblical proportions right now and there's no way I'm riding in it and guess what? There's worse on the way tomorrow! There's been no let up for weeks now and it is seriously depressing. I'm just glad I'm not on my jolly hollybobs in this country right now. Imagine if it's like this during the Olympics!

<GLOAT>I'm feeling pretty smug here in Turkey having looked at the ten day forecast for France. It looks like I'll be side stepping the 5hite in the UK and will be going from hot and dry to temperate and dry with a damp spell for the 30 or so hours that I'll be in the UK between the two countries</GLOAT>
;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Aperitif said:
**** you vernon!

(Hope you are having a nice time :smile: )

Oh yes indeedy. I've set the local bar record for Efes this afternoon/evening - I thought that 1.5 litres/hour was a modest pace :biggrin:

I'm looking fowards to being on my bike and alone for a fortnight in France. Everything is packed and set up waiting for departure which means I can have an action packed (beery) interlude when I get back from Turkey.

The only negative experience has been fermented carrot juice. It's viler than a vile thing. xx(

I am surprised at the duration of the UK wet spell. Even though last summer was meant to be a wet one I managed to find a three day window and a four day window of good weather for a Lon Las Cymru and Coast and Castles ride.

I must just be lucky.:biggrin:

Top Bottom