Now the anti-cyclist are lobbying god to help them in their cause.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I'm on a phone and can't easily check but I'm pretty sure that the verge in question was held to be part of the highway - just as the pavement is

swansonj

Guru
It is still about using all your own space, and expecting public space to be available to fulfill functions that you haven't left space for.
Surely weddings and funerals are not so much private church functions, as collective societal functions, the conduct of which is very much one of the legitimate uses of public space?

(Apology in advance - I've rather lost track of whether we're talking about the church's desire for private parking, or the church's desire still to be able to marshall wedding and funeral parties outside their doors)

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
I have upped my praying regimen and have also joined several other faiths in my quest to oppose the so-called... Hold on, what's this about again? Ok whatever, I will pray for whoever pays highest.
You were going to pray for a tail-wind, and whilst you have him on the line, also ask for the water in your bottle to be turned into beer.

Ok, data. I was there between the 11 and 12.15 masses.

The pavement is amazingly wide, road with. You can see that from streetview.

On mass days they do not need this much room. They fill the pavement, but only in a narrow corridor just outside the door, if the spread along the front of the church, they would use less than half the width and if that extended to the adjacent presbytery they'd be nearly single file.

They do not seem at all concerned with the convenience and safety of other people, as those walking on the pavement had literally push their way through or do what I did, which was to walk on the road outside the railings.
IMG_20171008_114805.jpg

IMG_20171008_120949.png

si_c

Guru
I'd have some sympathy with the church if they paid taxes, but they don't. Instead they expect to make use of public facilities and complain when their use is changed.

@nickyboy was correct when he said that stakeholders should be consulted, but to be a stakeholder you have to contribute. Just my 2p.

I'd have some sympathy with the church if they paid taxes, but they don't. Instead they expect to make use of public facilities and complain when their use is changed.

@nickyboy was correct when he said that stakeholders should be consulted, but to be a stakeholder you have to contribute. Just my 2p.
Their parishioners pay taxes, and I am sure the clergy are speaking on behalf of them.

And I can attest there were a lot of them in evidence today.

Top Bottom