Oasis madness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattybain

Okay I knew it would be bad (I live 1/2 mile from the park) and changed my route up Bury New Road to avoid the worst but OMG what a nightmare.

Nearly got left hooked about 4 times with cars getting fed up of waiting, none of them indicating.

Then there were loads of drunk blokes sticking heads and arms out of taxis trying to high 5 me or asking if I will give them a seatie.

Traffic was queueing all the way up from town. Avoid it if you can!!

Mind you was one comedy moment, just after the worst left hook where I had to turn left to avoid getting hit some chavs on BSO shouted "let's nick his banana" (it was in my back pouch) and started peddling furiously towards me. Left them for dust, turned back to see the largest one slumped over his handlebars, hope he's okay!!!

I didn't even know they were playing at Heaton Park - come to think of it I didn't even think they were still going!
Do you have the woderful choice of Cheetham Hill or Crumpsall for your commute then?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
mattybain said:
Then there were loads of drunk blokes sticking heads and arms out of taxis trying to high 5 me or asking if I will give them a seatie.

Mind you was one comedy moment, just after the worst left hook where I had to turn left to avoid getting hit some chavs on BSO shouted "let's nick his banana" (it was in my back pouch) and started peddling furiously towards me. Left them for dust, turned back to see the largest one slumped over his handlebars, hope he's okay!!!

Ah well - some high jinks, and someone after your banana.....:angry:

OvertheHill

Über Member
mattybain said:
Okay I knew it would be bad (I live 1/2 mile from the park) and changed my route up Bury New Road to avoid the worst but OMG what a nightmare.

Nearly got left hooked about 4 times with cars getting fed up of waiting, none of them indicating.

Traffic was queueing all the way up from town. Avoid it if you can!!

Traffic was terrible wasn't it. I came up the New Road at about 5-30pm and it was rammed all the way. I can hear the concert from here though :angry:

OP
OP
M

mattybain

cheadle hulme said:
I didn't even know they were playing at Heaton Park - come to think of it I didn't even think they were still going!
Do you have the woderful choice of Cheetham Hill or Crumpsall for your commute then?

Where have you been??? apparently there were massive problems with the generator which is why there was a 30 min silent gap and they didn't finish till 11.30!! that and the awful weather forecast for Saturday should put stop to any more Heaton Park Gigs :laugh:

Yes I normally go through Cheetham Hill down Bury Old Road although to be honest I have been starting to go back up Bury New Road which although is much steeper is actually shorter (cuts 1km of my 26km route) avoids all the idiots around Cheetham Hill. The people there have absolutely no road sense and the new Tesco's doesn't help either.

Top Bottom