Obree Gay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

007fair

Saw 'The Sun' headline on this but didn't buy the paper. Don't if this is old news or not but I just feel I should say that I really feel for this guy He has been through the emotional mill most of his life and only just pulled through Now this .. hope he copes with the publicity He was and still is a hero of mine for his cycling exploits !:rolleyes:

yello

Don't if this is old news

It's not even news, it's the gutter press doing what it does.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 1299416"]
This shouldn't be news. It's ridiculous if this has made a front page.
[/quote]
In an ideal world, Graeme Obree's sexuality wouldn't be something to talk about.

Obree felt compelled to lie to himself and his family about his deepest feelings, and that probably led to a lot of the mental health problems he has experienced over the years. As far as I can tell reading the news, he wanted to give the interview to the paper and come out at last and feels much better now that he has done so. The one news report I read was unsensational and sympathetic.

Good luck to him. I hope he finds happiness now.

In an ideal world it wouldn't be something to talk about.

Graeme Obree felt compelled to lie to himself and his family about his deepest feelings, and that probably led to a lot of the mental health problems he has experienced over the years. As far as I can tell reading the news, he wanted to give the interview to the paper and come out at last and feels much better now that he has done so. The one news report I read was unsensational and sympathetic.

Where did you read it Colin?

I wouldn't give any credence to a Sun story but if it was elsewhere (as long as it was the News of the World ;-) ) that interesting. It does explain a few things.

dodgy

I saw his tweet about 09:30 this morning, I was tempted to raise a thread on here about it but on reflection thought better of it.

Having said that, he obviously wants the world to know, and all the feedback on Twitter I've seen is positive, that must mean at least something to him.

Good luck to him, he's a living legend.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
In an ideal world, Graeme Obree's sexuality wouldn't be something to talk about.

Obree felt compelled to lie to himself and his family about his deepest feelings, and that probably led to a lot of the mental health problems he has experienced over the years.

Well, that and the way he (and his brother) were bullied as a kid if you read his Flying Scotsman book.

I hope so too, but I do wonder if he'll ever trully manage it now after all this time.

just jim

I guess this counts for headline news now that the more salacious stuff is off limits due to a certain on-going investigation...

Zoiders

The tabloid gutter press took great pleasure in outing Robert Millar as a transexual as well, going as far as finding where he lived and publishing photos.

Quite how that is in the public interest I don't know.

The tabloids need whacking with a very large regulatory stick.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The tabloid gutter press took great pleasure in outing Robert Millar as a transexual as well, going as far as finding where he lived and publishing photos.

Quite how that is in the public interest I don't know.

The tabloids and the idiots that buy the papers/trash need whacking with a very large regulatory stick.

FTFY :thumbsup:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yep, best of luck to him. He is those rare riders who seem to embody the real spirit of cycling, rather than just being a cyclist.

Top Bottom