FNRttC October 6, 2017 - London to Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Due to popular demand, the decision has been made that October’s ride will be heading to Brighton and not Southend as earlier advertised.

The Brighton Night Ride is one of the classic iconic rides the club does but this one will be different...

As usual, we will be meeting before Midnight on the Southbank by the National Theatre before heading south via Tooting and Purley. Here we will leave the bustle of London behind and start to enjoy the almost deserted roads and lanes including the much loved Lonesome Lane as we continue cycling south aiming for Gatwick Airport for the mid ride stop and refreshments. To avoid attracting too much attention from the authorities, we will be leaving the bikes outside as we head inside (with a few willing volunteers keeping an eye on them.)

Once we leave Gatwick, we will get the blood flowing as we climb Turner’s Hill and then enjoy the freewheel with a little bit of peddling as we descend towards Ardingly. This where the ride will be different to previous recent editions. Instead of heading to Ditchling Beacon, we will be climbing over the South Downs and entering Brighton by the Devil’s Dyke.

Once in Brighton, we will be heading to Wetherspoons on West Street where we will enjoy a hearty breakfast. Those in search of post ride refreshments can enjoy a drink or two before heading home.

Registration is essential. So, once you have read The Basics and have your third party insurance details (via CTC/LCC/BC membership) to hand and become a paid up member of the Fridays please use the following link to register for the ride http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.co.uk/p/october-6-2017.html

Ride Leader: Titus

rb58

Enigma
Ooooh. Different. Definitely. In.

I'm in. This will be my first departure from the SOUTH BANK :wahhey:

Eurostar booked and almost ready to go. Form to follow when I get home after the weekend and find my CTC details and a gentle reminder to @mmmmartin that my Fridays subscription was paid at Bruges railway station in the form of a, not very good, cup of coffee.

Redlight

Got to juggle some family stuff, but this is looking like a distinct possibility. I like the Devils Dyke route, although it gets a bit faffy going into the town centre. I guess if we're early enough that won't matter :bicycle:

Top Bottom