Off this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdamBlade

Had a great commute to work this morning. Downhill to turn right at crossroads, bike wheels went from underneath me as i started to turn. Road rash down right hand side, bruised jaw where bike hit me and dislocated fracture of left thumb :wacko::sad:. Now got leftarm in plaster and waiting phone call tomorrow to see if I need op to wire or plate it. I don' think I'll be sleeping much tonight :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Jesus - hope it's not bad enough to need the metal Adam.

Ibuprofen is good stuff for the bruising - get well soon!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ouch...you'll need a turbo..... but watch out, plaster casts get manky if you exercise with them - and that was only in a few weeks with me....

Ohh you'll have to be careful climbing once the thumb heals... gonna loose some strength in it...nasty.... (I lost loads of strength when I broke a small bone in my hand)... painful for ages....

PS How's the bike !!!!

wlc1

Don't have a general anaesthetic - go for a nerve block instead.

Convince them you do physio and they'll try to avoid the metal plate.

All the best

boydj

Legendary Member
Commiserations, Adam. I had a similar problem 3 weeks ago - broken left thumb too. I was 'lucky' and the break is above the joint, so no need for pinning. Mine hurt like blazes at the time, so I can imagine how much worse yours must be. I was 'on the hoods' at the time - how about you?

Sympathies, hope you have a quick recovery.

OP
OP
AdamBlade

AdamBlade

boydj said:
Commiserations, Adam. I had a similar problem 3 weeks ago - broken left thumb too. I was 'lucky' and the break is above the joint, so no need for pinning. Mine hurt like blazes at the time, so I can imagine how much worse yours must be. I was 'on the hoods' at the time - how about you?

Cheers mate, yes it bloody hurts. Got mtb so think it maybe handlebar that bent it back. Mine is just above joint but was a clean break. top half of bone was pushed over to one side on x-ray.

Top Bottom