Oh dear...less than 24 hours..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
:biggrin::blush::biggrin: and my 10 year old grandsons hamsters dead...while in our care :biggrin::blush::biggrin:
Daughter, her husband and grandson have JUST gone on holiday for a week, leaving the hamster at ours.
FFS....he's going to be so upset :wacko:.

Now i've got to stop decorating to deal with him...burial maybe..FFS:wacko:

To be fair, it's 3 years old...not a bad age for a hamster...but why me.

jonesy

Guru
Can't you just say nothing and get him another one?:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Not a bad age, mine only lasted till they were about 2:wacko:
Cant get a new one then and disguise it;)
Damn was beaten to it

buggi

Bird Saviour
that's a really good age for a hamster! don't buy a new one, be honest. He's 10 not 4 and he will know the difference. best thing to do is freeze it and then he can bury it when he comes home.

Joe24

buggi said:
that's a really good age for a hamster! don't buy a new one, be honest. He's 10 not 4 and he will know the difference. best thing to do is freeze it and then he can bury it when he comes home.

My auntie did that with a cat i think. She wanted to wait till we could go because we had also known the cat for a long time.
We all declined the ice cream when she offerredxx(

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
buggi said:
.......best thing to do is freeze it....

*Imagines hamster waking up in the year 2250 to world being run by
by gerbils:biggrin::biggrin:*

mondobongo

Über Member
Freeze it, remove from freezer just before Grandson comes to collect him place hamster in his little house, whistle nonchalantly.

Joe24

mondobongo said:
Freeze it, remove from freezer just before Grandson comes to collect him place hamster in his little house, whistle nonchalantly.

Yeh, and put it in the microwave to warm it up slightly, so it looks like he has just gone.

Mr Pig

gbb said:
...but why me.

Don't complain. Everyone knows that hamsters always die when left with relatives whilst their owners go on holiday.

What is not known is why. Personally, I think they are spiteful little b******* and do it to get back at their owners for daring to go away without them.

Buy the kid a Wii. 'Your hamster died, but I got you a Wii'. I promise you the rat will be totally forgotten about by the time they've got it out of the box.

Joe24

My first hamster died the day after i got back from holiday actually. I was very young then, just got back from america, picked the hamster up from next door, played with it then the day after, or the day after that it was dead when i got up.

Top Bottom