Oh Dear - That was close!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
It was the first frosty morning for a few days, so I was taking this (slightly) more careful than usual. 07:30, nice descent coming up towards a roundabout:

The screech before I shout was from the rim and pads, as I grabbed two handfuls of brake.

That was damn close!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
what was it?

akb

Veteran
I think that my initial response to a deer (or doe or muntjac or whatever 4 legged animal it was) running out on me would match yours to the word! Very close indeed! Did it run out from bushes? Ive had the same with a fox before; that was scary enough; especially in the dark!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Close - blimey - big things to hit. I had a fox jump right out on me a few weeks back - I was off road on the MTB though, and giving it some welly, but it wasn't as close as that.

BSRU

A Human Being
I saw a fox and a small dear this morning, unfortunately they were in no position to run out in front of anyone, :sad:

OP
OP
Bman

Bman

Guru
Muntjac are not really that big. At first (initial split second) I did think it was a fox. Despite its size, I didnt fancy my chances If I had hit it!

400bhp

Guru
I saw a fox and a small dear this morning, unfortunately they were in no position to run out in front of anyone, :sad:

I saw an old dear this morning. I managed to avoid her as she was shuffling along the pavement and I was on the road.

Top Bottom