Oh don't mind me and my life ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Sorry but I need to vent off steam!!!

Riding home tonight down a busy dual carriage way and I happened to notice a small group of people at the kerb to my left. I thought they were waiting to cross the road.

Then I saw that the female of the group had a piece of wood, in her hand. She was crouching down by the gutter. She had a pushchair by her and at first I thought she was checking the baby.

It took me a bit to realise what was going to happen. The f***ing silly cow tried to get the wood in the front wheel!!!! I couldn't believe it!

Luckily, I managed to swerve over and it missed. If there hadn't been 3 blokes with her I would have got off and rammed it up her arse. Instead the air was blue and all I could hear was 'Ahhh you missed, you f***ing mare blah blah!'.

What the hell are these dickheads thinking? Do they think the bike would come to a graceful stop and I would be merely slowed down a bit?

Grrrrr I'm really shook up and having a vodka ... and it's only 6.20!!!:wacko:

:ohmy::evil:;):angry::evil::evil:

Plax

Guru
Certainly worth a mention to the police. They shouldn't be hanging round dual carriageways let along trying to off a cyclist. Mention your concerned for the welfare of the child. Should at least get them to have a look if nothing else.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Hi Plax, they were outside a Wing Wah so no doubt had had an afternoon session.... It's a busy dual carriage way with rows of shops either side.

I had similar on the day of the Edinburgh Tri a few years back, kids (about 8-10 were trying to throw branches (almost as big as them) at the bikes as they went by. They had a go at me but luckily it bounced of my front spokes.:ohmy:. A few weeks back another idiot, a bit older walking ahead of me on a steep road decided to throw a glass bottle as high as they could over their shoulder. Of course I was behind and the idiot had never looked, its a good job I'd slowed down when I seen the idiot wondering all over the road. Some people don't think :angry:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

It's not that they don't think (IMO) - they couldn't give a toss. If I had have come off, they'd have been well gone.

Nasty - glad you're ok. The worst I've had so far is comments like 'Oy mate - your chain's gone flat' amd one last Christmas where a drunk tried to tell me my front wheel was loose, oblivious to the fact his dog was peeing on his leg at the time!

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

fossyant said:
That's bad - not much point in reporting as they'd be long gone !

Exactly my point fossyant. This is the trouble. By the time my brain had clicked into gear (excuse the pun) and worked it out, my instincts were already in overdrive. It's sad to think that my head could have been under a car wheel and they would have just fecked off.

I feel really sad tonight.

catwoman

I often get worried by people waiting at crossings or at bus stops. You never know. I remember one time some man by the side of the road made a move as I passed him as if he was going to hit me. I swerved away out of his reach and he laughed. What a sicko. :angry:
Sympathies to you for your bad experience.

domtyler

Über Member
You are pretty vulnerable on a bike to this kind of shoot, but the last person I remember being killed was actually a lorry driver on a dual carriageway, some dickhead dropped a brick off a bridge onto his windscreen!!

MERV

In cycling there are the odd "bad" days but the good days outweigh the bad ones.

I have had times where I have thought i've had enough of this but im still doing it.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Thanks for all the good replies guys. I'm coming down a bit now (or the alcohol is going up :angry: ).

I just hate to lose faith in humanity. The episode tonight just really shocked me and made me realise just how vulnerable I am (as I think Dom said earlier).

It won't put me off. 12 years of commuting and loving every minute (well, apart from a few split seconds).

LLB

The stupid vindictiveness of some people really wind me up, Its understandable why so many are wearing helmet cams now.

I had some idiot in a car full of chavs pour big a bottle of flavoured water over me a while back as I was cycling home one evening, and I had a girl (about 12) spray a load of silly string into my crash helmet as I rode past on my motorcycle about 5 years back. If I'd have not been wearing specs at the time, she would have blinded me, and no doubt have caused an accident :angry:

Top Bottom