Oh my legs...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well not commuting as off 'recovering' from a shoulder op. Missus has taken advantage of not doing the school run and has been off swimming every morning before work.

Me, I've be walking the 4-5 miles a day to and from School chasing my two kids who happen to be on their scooters.

My flaming shin muscles = ouch. Far to much walking quickly. Need to get on the bike to give my legs a rest !

mgarl10024

Über Member
Ha! It's amazing how different types of exercise, all using the legs, seem to use different muscles and ache in different ways!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
My arse is hurting tonight. A good speed skating training session yesterday, with a bit of extra low skating. Ooooh the sweet lactate agony yesterday, and nicely stiff and sore muscles today.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ha! It's amazing how different types of exercise, all using the legs, seem to use different muscles and ache in different ways!

+1 when i used to go for a run if i had been bike-less due to mechanical s i was in agony the next day.

Its almost as much fun as doing dumbell squats then having to try and cycle up a hill the next day and the BSO boys keeping up as you grimace :sad:

potsy

Rambler
I cycled 10 miles home tonight and shortly after had a 'jog' to the shop before it closed, I only managed about 500 yards and I was shattered
ohmy.gif

Legs are a bit sore after 6 consecutive days riding, can't remember the last time I did that.

Did a few 10k runs last year (for the first time ever) and I always went for a 6-10 mile walk the day before (that's not far for me as I do walk a fair bit so 6 miles is taking it easy)

The ONLY time that I didn't, I went for a ride the day before instead, I was hobbling for 2 days after the run

Waling/running/cycling are 3 different things but cycling is further removed from the other 2

DTD

Veteran
My other half spends much of her life in the gym.
She says (I think she's trying to convince herself) "Pain is just weakness leaving your body".

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
She says (I think she's trying to convince herself) "Pain is just weakness leaving your body".

AGREED !!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 20

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
"Pain is a sensation ,sensations can be ignored." I thought that was bullshit the first time I heared it and still do. Pain is your bodies way of telling you your coming close to damaging something.

Jezston

Über Member
My arse is hurting tonight. A good speed skating training session yesterday, with a bit of extra low skating. Ooooh the sweet lactate agony yesterday, and nicely stiff and sore muscles today.

There's far too much ammunition presented here to make some disparaging remarks about go about on rollerskates, but I feel I should rise above it ;)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

If pain is just weakness leaving my body, how comes when I wake up I find it's slipped back into bed with me by the time I wake up the following morning?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
"Skaters have better buns" or so the quote goes. There's a reason ice speedskaters have large thighs and glutes. Inline speed is far more aerobic and inline skaters tend more towards the cyclist body shape. It's also one of the big reasons I ride a recumbent, it works your glutes much more than an upright bike, and the fitness specificity is closer to that of skating.

Top Bottom