Oh no....thousands and thousands of miles lost!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@AlanW
Good to hear you retrived it all.

Now after you have faffed about with Strava, add all your information to a site that allows you to back up or put on a spreadsheet.

lost all my KOMs
Those will come back. Strava takes a while to process those things.

(and everyone who became KOM when your account disappears will get a note "Oh no! AlanW has stolen your KOM!")

dodgy

Now create an account on your PC for your son to use so he doesn't get to meddle with your private stuff. Don't give him your password, you're not an MP :okay:

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Like most situations in life I thought that I had all bases covered in backing the data up to Garmin Connect and RWGPS. However, it turned out that yes it was being backed up but I couldn't access it due to the "private" setting on Garmin which it shouldn't have been?

The same hurdle was with RWGPS but a couple of clicks and it was resolved and the data could be downloaded. Sadly Garmin Connect wasn't as forthcoming!

RWGPS was only a recent backup process and that recovered about 30k miles, which is about right. However, some of the data was coming back into Strava as corrupted data and I ended up with about six pages of KOMs. :eek: Which to be fair I was happy with, but it certainly pissed a lot of people off as the emails came flooding in about my rides being flagged as incorrect data. :whistle:

But it was Garmin Connect that had the lions share, but again not all of it.
And even backing it up to Strava, Garmin Connect and RWGPS, I still write it in a diary after every single ride and have done for 30 odd years. :secret:

So if you'll excuse me I have some box unticking to continue with.......:training:

pclay

Veteran
Good news about your account recovery.

Every few months, I remove all the fit files off my Garmin, and save them onto a folder on my PC, and then upload them into a folder on dropbox.

Therefore, I have: Strava, Garmin Connect, PC hard drive and Dropbox.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
One thing that has suddenly started happening and not sure why, but even though I have my new Strava account synced to Zwift (and also Garmin Connect) when I do a Zwift session its not loading into either site now?

Then just to rain more confusion into my life (like it needed it ffs) , when I go into the Zwift folder in My Documents and get the .fit file and try to manually add it to Strava, it doesn't like the data and refuses to load it?

Now pre the Strava account deletion saga, we had just done a factory restore on the PC to try and speed it up a little as it was grunting and groaning even opening up the simplest of programmes. Since then Zwift doesn't seem to want to sycn to Strava but it also doesn't like it when I try and load Zwift .fit file to it either?

Now as I've had to reinstate seven other drivers for other applications after the factory restore, I'm wondering if there is a driver or some other programme that I need to reinstate as well to get Strava to read the .fit file?

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Well after treble clicking on 3387 rides, they are all now back to an "open" status again! Time for a beer I think......:heat:

mustang1

Guru
Ah sorry to hear. I actually accidentally deleted a few months of data from my personal logs and hadn't made a back up. that was kinda fine because I was planning not to record any more data for 2018 anyway. This reminds me that I should export my strava logs...
Edit: just read you got your data back. Nice one.

Top Bottom