Old, and on here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill

Hello, I was looking for information on my Citadel lock and found a message referring to this forum! I live in North Worcestershire and have just dumped my membership of the CTC as it seems to have lost its 'way'... I tried to down load a picture of my touring cycle but was told the picture was too big! (640X480) so you will have make do with a 'head outline' of me. My touring machine is made to measure as I suffer from a life time's motorcycling...if you get my drift!?

rusky

CC Addict
Hi & welcome to the forum!

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Bill
wave.gif

I had a Citadel lock about 26 years ago, but I can't remember what happened to it! I was quite surprised seeing SJS still selling them about a year ago.

AFAIK high resolution photos need to be accessible on the net before it can be posted here. Dropbox is a neat site amongst many to allow one to do that, I use it because it also provides free and automatic backup and file sharing facility etc.

rualexander

Legendary Member
AFAIK high resolution photos need to be accessible on the net before it can be posted here. Dropbox is a neat site amongst many to allow one to do that, I use it because it also provides free and automatic backup and file sharing facility etc.

Photos can be uploaded directly here, just use the 'Click to Attach files' button below where you write your post text and you get a window that allows you to browse your computer files and select the image file you want to upload.

OP
OP
Bill

Bill

Hello, I know about how to use the 'browse' button to access pictures on my computer for a picture to go with my message's, however a red strip came up and said that my JPEG 640 X 480 attachment was too big! Just as well I dont get this problem with my web site about my garden railway as this JPEG size I use all the time....

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
North Worcestershire is my new favourite place on earth. Love some of the hills on the outskirts of Birmingham, and love some of the villages further south. Some great cycling cafes and some nice quiet lanes, if you look hard enough.

So you might bump into me one of these days.

OP
OP
Bill

Bill

Hello BrumJim, I will be passing through Selly Oak tomorrow on the 63 bus as its 'visit Leamington Spa on the train' day. (daughter lives there) Those hills you mention I find a pain in the neck!..If they were not there my house location would be a dream situation. When I am out in Worcestershire pedalling along say over by Evesham and turn around to return home I start thinking about those stinking hills I have to climb over to get home! The only flat approach to my home area is on the footpath of the Rubery/Spring Pools by-pass with its very high speed road traffic zooming past....Wish I lived in Droitwich!!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've had a Citadel lock since the early 80's. I still use it. I remeber this advert that convinced me to but it from the freewheel catalogue.
citadel_lock_poster151226.jpg

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
I've had a Citadel lock since the early 80's. I still use it. I remeber this advert that convinced me to but it from the freewheel catalogue.
citadel_lock_poster151226.jpg
Yes, I still have mine. It must be approaching 30yrs old
wacko.gif
and is down to one key as I lost the spare. It gets used to lock up my ladder rather than a bike as I've since invested in rather more robust locks over the years. Still works fine though.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Hello BrumJim, I will be passing through Selly Oak tomorrow on the 63 bus as its 'visit Leamington Spa on the train' day. (daughter lives there) Those hills you mention I find a pain in the neck!..If they were not there my house location would be a dream situation. When I am out in Worcestershire pedalling along say over by Evesham and turn around to return home I start thinking about those stinking hills I have to climb over to get home! The only flat approach to my home area is on the footpath of the Rubery/Spring Pools by-pass with its very high speed road traffic zooming past....Wish I lived in Droitwich!!

Nearer 45 than 63 myself. Wouldn't ever consider the Rubery by-pass (A38?) on a bike. Bad enough on a car, as some drivers consider it a 40 mile/h, and some drive it at the legal maximum of 70. And some even higher.

Top Bottom