Old East London clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Firestorm

Veteran
As I mentioned in my New Member post, I am the least proficient cyclist in my family, but I am interested in the clubs of my Parents and Grandparents.

My father was in the Penguin and then the Buccaneers with my Mum, now the Buccs I can find out quite a bit about as they became the Redbridge and their website is good, but I am struggling to find much on the Penguin.

As for my Grandparents, Rosslyn ladies, still seem to be active but I can't find any internet presence , Grandad was in university CC , which I understand had ties with Rosslyn ladies (apparently my Grandparents were not the only Rosslyn/University marriage) but can't seem to find anything about them. There are so many University clubs on the net I probably can't see the wood for the trees.

Does anyone know anything about these clubs and if there are any websites etc

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran
As odd as it may seem to resurrect this old thread, but all these years later, I have had a bit of a breakthrough regarding University CC
I had given up on finding more , but the recent CW article on Rosslyn ladies mentioned the frequency of marriages with members from local clubs, one name mentioned was Dave Marsh, a quick google search showed he was in the the 20 and 24 Olympics and World champ in 22, the ECAA site has him listed as University CC ..yay !!!
So , are there any historians on here who know anything about the club which D Marsh rode for ?
My Grandfather won a couple of Tandem medals in University events in the 20's

OP
OP
Firestorm

Firestorm

Veteran
He actually did a 12 hour tt
FB_IMG_1470556301165.jpg
FB_IMG_1470556296399.jpg
FB_IMG_1470556323175.jpg
FB_IMG_1470556317665.jpg

Top Bottom