Old guys in unsuitable cycling clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Low Roller

You know, I really like those Foska cycling tops with silly pictures on them. I know that I look a prat when I’m dressed like a tin of baked beans or a skeleton. But they are very good quality and comfortable.

They say that when you get to a certain age and your hair goes grey, you become invisible to the rest of the world when you are outside. So, you slip on your Foska baked beans cycling top and HELLO everyone is looking at you and grinning . An ego trip down memory lane.

Even worse are those Wallace and Grommit ones that have “ keep up lad” written on them. There’s a belief that the cycling or sporting superiority that you had when you were younger is still with you. Also , if you are from Essex or similar , you shouldn’t be wearing them at all ( only joking !!) because of the connotation with a northern accent.

So when you combine the daft cycling top with those cycling shorts with the chamois leather inserts ( and I do so like wearing them) an old geezer like me looks a complete ******.

Somebody tell me I am wrong.

Trull

Über Member
No body cares how old you are - they are just awed into submission by your awesome guns. End of.

Trull

Über Member
When George and Phillip cycled past on on the First control of the Snow Roads Randonneé (300k) their combined age was >140years… and I can tell you their guns shone like beacons!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got to lose a bit of weight (piled it on since I've been off the bike) but my Northwave skeleton top will be back on after that, I really want the 'Marmite' one though since seeing/having a natter with the guy on a racing trike at the Skyride city event a few weeks back.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I don't think I've ever considered the look when dressing to go cycling,

For example, my 'cycling shoes' are black leather slip-ons, which have never been polished since I retired them from work duty a couple of years ago.

Comfy, breathable, reasonably rigid moulded sole - what more could I want?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I have the "I pay road tax" jersey. I wear it riding to and from work.
Taxi drivers love it.

MarkF

Guru
I am 52 and favourite is this......:thumbsup:

mYVpMXX39tbPyvIRQH7hJrw.jpg

Peteaud

Veteran
I have the baked bean one, the Duff beer and the marmite. I have just got the beans winter jersey as well :tongue:

If you or anyone else dont like it, tough, look in another direction because i really could not care.

Oh, and @compo , Respect for that top, 10/10 :thumbsup:

Sadly, out in China there is a clothes manufacturer whose idea of XXXL is somewhat different to my idea of XXXL. In fact it's different to my idea of XL. This means that I can't get into my latest purchase - possibly the coolest old git jersey ever, featuring Spongebob Squarepants - without endangering the zip.
It's a real pain. I had one delivered. Supposedly XL to make sure it was big enough. I reckon an 11 year old would struggle to get in it :wacko:

It's a real pain. I had one delivered. Supposedly XL to make sure it was big enough. I reckon an 11 year old would struggle to get in it :wacko:
I think perhaps it was made for the Italian market.

Their sizing is notoriously odd. I think I have an XL Italian top or maybe bigger. But to my mind it's racing snake cut.

The odd thing was that when I bought it in an Italian shop the guy looked at the label as if to say you surely don't need that size.

Any adult male who could fit into some of those Italian medium or even large tops should be thrown in the back of a speeding ambulance and fed ice cream for a week or two.

Top Bottom