OLE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Microsoft Object Linking and Embedding?

Hnmmm ...

Doseone

Guru
Excellent result. Fabio didn't miss his son's wedding in vain. Its a little reminder that it doesn't matter how much possession you have or how many tippy tappy passes you make in midfield, it's balls in the back of the net wot counts!

I hope we don't start thinking we're going to win the Euros though.

Mr Phoebus

Excellent result. Fabio didn't miss his son's wedding in vain. Its a little reminder that it doesn't matter how much possession you have or how many tippy tappy passes you make in midfield, it's balls in the back of the net wot counts!

Also known as tapas.

MarkF

Guru

It's tika-taka and I love it, could watch tika-taka forever without feeling the need to see a goal, it's mesmerising.

It was a friendly, England attach importance to these fixtures, most other countries do not, hence Spains half-time changes having played England of the pitch. Nothing has changed, England looked poor, they'll stink the Euros out as usual and my £50 will still be going on Spian.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
England are a better side without Rooney, I think they should ditch him for the Euros. His status as a "Talisman" figure inhibits the rest of the team, they tend to sit back and rely on him too much. Ok if he produces the goods but he is too moody if things aren't going his way and he becomes a liability, just getting in the way.

Noodley

England are a better side without Rooney, I think they should ditch him for the Euros. His status as a "Talisman" figure inhibits the rest of the team, they tend to sit back and rely on him too much. Ok if he produces the goods but he is too moody if things aren't going his way and he becomes a liability, just getting in the way.

Is he not banned for 3 games? Which means he would only play if Englandshire got thru the group stage in which case I cannae see they would need him coming in to muck up the team.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Is he not banned for 3 games? Which means he would only play if Englandshire got thru the group stage in which case I cannae see they would need him coming in to muck up the team.
Three, but the betting is it will be reduced to two on appeal.

The problem for Capello is the press will slaughter him if he drops Rooney. Ramsey was strong enough not to give a fcuk in '66 when he left Greaves out of the final because he though the team were better without him.

Doseone

Guru
It's tika-taka and I love it, could watch tika-taka forever without feeling the need to see a goal, it's mesmerising.

It was a friendly, England attach importance to these fixtures, most other countries do not, hence Spains half-time changes having played England of the pitch. Nothing has changed, England looked poor, they'll stink the Euros out as usual and my £50 will still be going on Spian.

Hmm tika-taka.

You can't be poor and beat Spain, and the changes they made...well the likes of Cesc and Mata would be in the starting 11 of almost every other international side on earth.

The rest I agree with you on - England will stink out the Euros as per usual.

(The link above is tongue in cheek btw. I normally love watching Spain.)

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Spain are a fantastic side, but watching them is like watching paint dry as they spend the whole match trying to walk the ball into the net. For all their dominance of possession they rarely bury opponents.

I'd love to see them play a vintage Leeds side (with a referee from the same era in charge).

Top Bottom