Olympics 2020 Spoilers and chat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
anyone else note the little bows under the male water polo players caps? I guess that works well, just seemed like something a child would have on their bonnet
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 8.11.23 AM.png

PaulB

Legendary Member
The Olympics get underway for real today with the proper sports (athletics) starting. If only the BBC would get rid of that hideous harridan, Radcliffe, it would improve its coverage immensely.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Just been watching the triathlon relay.
In the background some strange looking buildings, a suspension bridge, an elevated metro line...

For a spectacular closing ceremony they should have Godzilla destroying it all. ^_^

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Charlotte Worthington did really well for her gold in the Throwing Bikes Around event. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58047473

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
from what i read they were offered a jump off and they both failed to clear the next height and on count back had the same score and they offered to share the gold
I would have thought you just keep going until someone does it. But I presume they are tired.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would have thought you just keep going until someone does it. But I presume they are tired.
In competition the bar is raised progressively as contestants succeed in clearing it. Entrants may begin jumping at any height above a required minimum. Knocking the bar off its supports constitutes a failed attempt, and three failures at a given height disqualify the contestant from the competition. Each jumper’s best leap is credited in the final standings. In the case of ties, the winner is the one with the fewest misses at the final height, or in the whole competition, or with the fewest total jumps in the competition.
So they were effectively tied according to those rules

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Olympic Certainties:
1) Adam Peaty will win gold
2) Fiji will win the rugby
3) Korea will dominate the archery
4) Maddie Hinch will win a penalty shoot-out

Top Bottom