OMG - one for the boys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Just found out my new nephew of a couple of days old has been circumcised. There isn't a *crossed legs* emoticon.

Not for medical reasons, but because all the boys born in the US are 'done', and so he won't feel 'left out' in the showers when older.

I never knew that!!!!

:laugh::ohmy::ohmy:

But he has just doubled up on pressies off us!!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
Mutilation. Unecessary.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Dave5N said:
Mutilation. Unecessary.

I agree - it's not a debate. I just didn't realise about the US thing about it. But then again, loads of young boys have problems and have to have it done anyway. Much older.

I'm just shocked.

yenrod

Totally un-neccessary !

Its obviously there for a reason: if yuor born with it!

Some religious shoot obviously !!!!!!!!! :smile:

This thread is useless without pictures....:smile:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
At the end of the tax year, the Tax Office sent an inspector to audit the books of a synagogue. While he was checking the books he turned to the Rabbi and said, "I notice you buy a lot of candles. What do you do with the candle drippings?"

"Good question," noted the Rabbi. "We save them up and send them back to the candle makers, and every now and then they send us a free box of candles."

"Oh," replied the auditor, somewhat disappointed that his unusual question had a practical answer.

But on he went, in his obnoxious way. "What about all these biscuit purchases. What do you do with the crumbs?"

"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi, realizing that the inspector was trying to trap him with an unanswerable question. "We collect them and send them back to the manufacturers, and every now and then they send a free box of holy biscuits."

"I see," replied the auditor, thinking hard about how he could fluster the know-it-all Rabbi.

"Well, Rabbi," he went on, "what do you do with all the leftover foreskins from the circumcisions you perform?"

"Here, too, we do not waste," answered the Rabbi. "What we do is save up all the foreskins and send them to the Tax Office, and about once a year they send us a complete dick."

U

User169

My eldest daughter was born at a London hospital. I remember well the business cards above the wash basins on the maternity ward advertising the services of "circumcisers".

Danny

Legendary Member
It never did me any harm :sad:

And there seems to be quite a bit of evidence that it reduces the transmission of some STDs.

Top Bottom