On owning a Caravan, CC'ers experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I've bought a camper.

View attachment 405494

It's getting a bit of work done but it'll soon be ready for me to go adventuring.

We bought Motorhome just before we retired. Never done camping or caravanning before. We love the Motorhome. Away in it at the moment (making our way slowly home, currently at a place called Tain-L'Hermitage, France, on the River Rhone).

In the past 11 years, we have been to France, Germany, Luxembourg, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Czech Republic, Sicily, and, of course, the UK!

Hope you have as much fun as we have had in ours.

If you plan on going to mainland Europe, a money saving tip. Get yourself a Tesco Credit Card with Clubcard. Save the club card points and use them for discount off Chanel Tunnel and/or DFDS Ferries. If you plan to use Campsites (in mainland Europe) get yourself an ACSI discount card.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
If you plan on going to mainland Europe...

I'll need to get a passport first :smile:

Won't be going far to start with - lots of places to explore in Scotland & the north of England.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
You will love it @annedonnelly . We got our first motorhome in February. Just back from a long weekend and missing being out in it already. Off to Scotland for 17 days in 4 weeks and cannot wait. First stop Ayr, then on up to The Outer Hebs.

If you use Facebook join Scottish motorhomer s and caravans and another group called Scottish Motorhome Wildcampers. Both great groups with lots of experience and advice between them plus ideas for great places to stay. Wildcard even had its own map of where to stay, get water etc.

Last edited:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
You will love it @annedonnelly . We got our first motorhome in February. Just back from a long weekend and missing being out in it already. Off to Scotland for 17 days in 4 weeks and cannot wait. First stop Ayr, then on up to The Outer Hebs.

If you use Facebook join Scottish motorhomer s and caravans and another group called Scottish Motorhome Wildcampers. Both great groups with lots of experience and advice between them plus ideas for great places to stay. Wildcard even had its own map of where to stay, get water etc.

Thanks @Hill Wimp I'll check out those groups. I'll probably stay local this year but there are lots of parts of Scotland I'd like to explore in future.

Top Bottom