On the subject of spectacles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

...what's your prescription?

Mine is -4.0 in both eyes so I consider myself fairly impaired when out and about without them. Anyone much worse?

short sighted too -3.0 and -3.5

It's a real bugger age, 'cause now I can't read with my specs on, have to lift them up.

So today with my contacts in, I had to adjust my seat halfway through the ride. Course I can't see the spanners close up with lenses in so had to hold everything at arms length: To anyone driving past it must'a looked like I was defusing a bomb ;)

OP
OP
M

Melvil

fossyant said:
-3 about..and that's hard to live with without glasses to hand..............

An (un)fascinating fact about -3.0 uncorrected is that in the UK it is the dividing line for prospective air traffic controllers....as I found out a while back!

Plax

Guru
-1.25 / -1.75

At least I'm nowhere near as blind as some of you ;). I have an astigmatism in my left eye hence the difference.
The last time I had my eyes tested apparently they had deteriorated slightly but didn't warrant a new prescription. That was 2 years ago and I'm too scared to go back! "Well MsPlax, I'm afraid to say your eyesight has substantially worsened. Would you like to try these jam jars out for size"

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Plax you have to go - when your eyes jump a few points you get a bit hissed off.. they settle down when you get near 40 like me.... but even -3's need the lightweight lenses for lightweight frames........bugger........

OP
OP
M

Melvil

I guess the one good point about myopia is walking down the street without glasses on and everything is all hazy and wierd and its sort of like being pleasantly tipsy (or at least I find it that way!)*

* Right up until the bit where you have to cross the road, of course.

Top Bottom