On Your Bikes Ladies...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PashleyPrincess

Oh thank God that the word is getting out more and more often...

'Why, she may have wondered, did it seem beyond the imagination of designers to come up with garments suited to the demands of the cyclist that didn't risk the wearer being mistaken for a member of the team mending the water mains?' ;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I preferred Duffy on the bike in the Coke ad.

I do think that the idea of wearing lycra does put women off - I would like the comfort of lycra without the obvious sport look. In other words I want a technical garment that I can wear off the bike to go shopping, meet up with friends etc.

Basically to get more people cycling we need to appeal to many different types of people as we can.

PashleyPrincess

summerdays said:
I preferred Duffy on the bike in the Coke ad.

I do think that the idea of wearing lycra does put women off - I would like the comfort of lycra without the obvious sport look. In other words I want a technical garment that I can wear off the bike to go shopping, meet up with friends etc.

Basically to get more people cycling we need to appeal to many different types of people as we can.

I'm afraid that the only technical items I need to ride my bike are legs. Well arms help as well :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You know what I mean - why can't a top be pretty and also made out of technical material so that it doesn't go all soggy with sweat:biggrin:, why does it need to look like a sports top. And I'm still after some tights/leggings that don't have stripes, reflective patches etc. I can add those my self in the form of ankle bands. Then I could team it up with a little skirt and just look like leggings off the bike.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
For example why are most female tops upto the neck. I prefer tops in summertime to be lower cut (not that low!!:smile:) but then cycling tops become vests.

yoyo

thanks for recommending that site, Andy. There are some good possibilities there, although these will work out quite expensive Euro v Sterling.My lack of German is a slight handicap, although I guessed at most of the headings. There didn't appear to be a method for choosing the right size but perhaps I missed it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There are certainly some interesting garments on there - that I would like to try on. Maybe I need to go shopping on the continent sometime.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
If you click on "service" in the second link I put up, you can order the catalogue (Katalogbestellung). All you need then is a mate to help you out with the German.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Andy in Sig said:
If you click on "service" in the second link I put up, you can order the catalogue (Katalogbestellung). All you need then is a mate to help you out with the German.
It looked initially as if you could only request a catalogue to a German address but it accepted my UK postcode in the PLZ field and allowed me to change Deutschland to Großbritannien. We'll see if it ever arrives!

The first link you gave, Andy, had a rather pidgin English flavour and the left hand side options didn't seem to display; it must have autodetected I was from England and just left blanks where it didn't have any translation.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
It was the second site I was looking for in any event. A couple of friends got some kit from them and they claimed it was good because it was practical but wearable in cafes. Obviously this is something which you gels think about which would never occur to us chaps.

Top Bottom