Once

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Once - a really great Irish film about a busker and a girl who make music together. We watched it last night. I actually blubbed during one of the songs! Highly recommended.

Keith Oates

Janner
Will look out for it, who are in the cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

Melvil

A guy who was (and is) in the Irish Rock band, 'The Frames' and a czech girl, none of them are professional actors. The director said it would be better to have some people who could play and sing and half-act than the other way around!

Mortiroloboy

Tch, I thought this was a cycling thread about ONCE the Spanish National Lottery for the blind, who used to sponsor a team, then I found out it wasn't. :rolleyes:

yello

I read reviews of it and many not so flattering! I decided that, for me, it might be a sickly puke inducing walk out potential. It also sounds like one long music video. That said, Stephen Speilburg rated it... read into that what you will!

OP
OP
M

Melvil

yello said:
I read reviews of it and many not so flattering! I decided that, for me, it might be a sickly puke inducing walk out potential. It also sounds like one long music video. That said, Stephen Speilburg rated it... read into that what you will!

Nah, it's not really soppy at all, have to say. Doesn't play to the Spielberg tearjerker formula!

red_tom

+1 on this. Whilst the music isn't to my tastes it's still a very good film. Interesting that the two of them wrote a lot of the songs as well (Isn't he the lead singer in the Stills?*) I think they are together in real life as well.

* No he isn't, he's was in The Frames

Top Bottom