One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Cavalol yes my uncle had a 504 estate and the thing was bomb proof, it lasted decades, even in Yorkshire. Like you say I think the African continent still has lots of them, along with the old Mercedes, and of course the bench mark by which other 4x4's are measured, the classic Toyota pick up and the Landcruiser. I saw a mint condition old Land Cruiser the other day, and must say it looked the muts nuts.^_^
yVVf71J.jpg

Ngqjm5F.jpg

@Cavalol yes my uncle had a 504 estate and the thing was bomb proof, it lasted decades, even in Yorkshire. Like you say I think the African continent still has lots of them, along with the old Mercedes, and of course the bench mark by which other 4x4's are measured, the classic Toyota pick up and the Landcruiser. I saw a mint condition old Land Cruiser the other day, and must say it looked the muts nuts.^_^
View attachment 488185
View attachment 488186

I'd have a diesel 504 estate too

That was the last LandCruiser I really liked; 24v electrical system too!!

However, I saw this FJ in Richmond in October 2012 (when there for the Richmond 10K) - the North Yorkshire market town, not the southern upstart of the same name

488188 488189

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
@biggs682 that stunning POA Aston is a classic case of 'if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it' ^_^

I've seen a Ford Consul before, but don't think I'd ever seen a Ford Consul Capri until today. Please excuse the idiot cameraman who managed to get one of his headphone cables in shot:blush:, but it does look nice from the back so I included it anyway. Nice old Rover too but I've already papped one of those so didn't bother again.
View attachment 488088
It was derived from the Ford Classic (a notchback like the smaller Anglia). Not one of Ford's successes, at least in commercial terms.

Cavalol

Guru
Those Landcruisers etc were tough as old boots mechanically, they just disintegrated in very quick time. Reliability wise, they'd knock LandRovers into a cocked hat.

Time has moved on with modern cars, but I find it hard to be preached to about emissions when some older diesels will happily run on veg oil. You won't get a new car doing that, at least not for long.

Spotted on a side-lane, in that only goes to a swing-bridge over a Canal (pedestrian & key-controlled/gated access - for vehicles)

Presumably fibre-glass body?
'Solid' rear axle (not Jaguar IRS)

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@Chris S good knowledge, I thought it was a bit exotic to be left like that in a grotty area of London, that explains it^_^.

And I've posted one before, but I do love the design, its such a cool looking car. And it looks good in white, although keeping it that clean over the coming months is going to be challenging. Jenson Interceptor.
FBrnkFA.jpg

And when its eventually scrapped, the boot would be great for growing tomatoes.^_^
kzOnQW5.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Paris>Dakar>East London.
MyJKvUd.jpg

And onto some more exotic looking old motors from this mornings ride.
Alfa Spider, alas it had a van parked right up close to it so couldn't get any side-on pics, but it was in excellent condition.
UodcqXf.jpg

Lancia Delta Intergrale Evo 2, again in show room condition, amazing how these UK based old Italian cars still look so good, looks like they've lived most of their lives indoors, or been recently restored. Although they're both left hand drive so maybe they've recently arrived from much warmer, drier climes.^_^
pLAycdB.jpg

Here's a well used cool old Bentley, it almost looks reserved by today's standards.
4syatPn.jpg

oQMy55q.jpg

And we've seen these posted before, but this is one of the best examples I've ever seen, red leather interior and absolutely spotless. 51 years old and still indisputably one of the most beautiful cars ever made. I think I stood there for a good 5 minutes and just marvelled at it. A design masterpiece, it looks great from any angle, the E-type Jaguar.
a41bLDY.jpg

szdpKKR.jpg

37d9sL6.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom