one for the cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supercooper

two nights ago I was riding to work (yes I work nights) when I came to a roundabout , nothing was coming from my right so I kept going at a pace when from the first I pass ( I was going straight on (second exit ) ) a battered old jeep tries to beet be me out or he just never saw me and had to slam on , I also slammed on and as I rode round his now sticking out front end I just shook my head at him . As I passed him and took me exit I heard wheels spinning , engine revving and his horn bibbing at me and as he passed me he shouted get on the cycle path dick head!! and flew passed me. but unbeknown to me and him there was an unmarked police car just a couple of cars behind me who saw the whole thing and sped off after him and pulled him up down the road. as I caught up the policeman stopped me also and asked if I was ok . He then asked the man what he was doing to which he replied I should have been on the cycle path. The police man said the path is voluntary and he should have seen me and stopped as I had right of way . He then asked him if he had points on his license and he said yes 9, So The policeman said you have 12 now cos you have a back light out and you are lucky I arnt doing you for road rage . He then took my name and sent me on my way smiling .^_^:bicycle:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Nice!

G-Zero

Über Member
It's nice to have the law there when you need them, but I can't see any points going on for a (none endorsable) defective light, when the cop has just let the careless driving go.

I think perhaps he was just making a point and trying to emphasise how close the driver was to losing his licence.

al78

Guru
It's nice to have the law there when you need them, but I can't see any points going on for a (none endorsable) defective light, when the cop has just let the careless driving go.

I think perhaps he was just making a point and trying to emphasise how close the driver was to losing his licence.

I read it that the cop let the road rage go but gave the points for a combination of the careless driving and the failed rear light.

He couldn't have given points at the side of the road anyway. If it takes you up o twelve you have to be reported to court or them to make a decision on a ban, so potentially it was just a bollocking. On the flip side, unmarked = traffic car (normally) so there's also a good chance it will be a court trip - could be why he took the OPs name, in case he needs a statement later should the bloke deny it.

And yes, he could only get points for the driving. I'll settle with taking his statement to mean 'you are driving that badly in a car that's defective too, you should be lucky I don't add a Public Order charge for the threatening behaviour too'

It's nice that sometimes you're in the right place at the right time!

Camrider

You would have thought that anyone sitting on 9 points would be a bit more careful about copping those extra 3. Pillock deserves a ban, and I'm sure he won't enjoy the big bill he is going to pick up when his next insurance premium comes in :eek:

Nebulous

Guru
You would have thought that anyone sitting on 9 points would be a bit more careful about copping those extra 3. Pillock deserves a ban, and I'm sure he won't enjoy the big bill he is going to pick up when his next insurance premium comes in :eek:

If he has told them. I'm sure many people don't!

Camrider

I thought you could not hide a ban, or maybe I'm being naive in thinking that the insurance companies get this sort of info from a data base.

Top Bottom