One week off the bike (so far)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
This is the road to our house :ohmy: And that's after I got it cleared last week :ohmy:

No idea when it's going to be cleared again

Attachments

• STKI0030.JPG
    STKI0030.JPG
    652.4 KB · Views: 62
This is the road to our house :ohmy: And that's after I got it cleared last week :ohmy:

No idea when it's going to be cleared again

Christmas

2013 :rolleyes:

Just went through to the other room an thought my road bike was looking pretty clean, then I remembered it was 2 weeks since I last rode it! My hybrid is not far behind!

ChrisKH

Guru
I prefer that to mine, which is sheet ice. Mrs KH took the car out today and slid up to a junction at the end of our road, slid through the junction and across the other side. Thank God nothing was coming the other way. I can therefore neither drive or ride to work and must settle with walking (and falling over occasionally).

HelenD123

Guru
I'm just back from a six month cycle tour. After being on the bike every day I'm also going nuts being confined indoors and off the bike.

ACS

Legendary Member
Into my second week, week one; Man flu, now snow/ice and nutters in 4x4's. Checked my commuting route this morning while driving into work ( -12) and its still not safe to ride. Just vehicle tracks with hard packed ice between the ruts. I could ride but there is no way anyone in a vehicle would get past me without endangering themselves and riding up the A91 is too dangerous to ride on at anytime.

With the weather man forecasting more of the same for next week it's not looking to good.

Looks like my target of 5000 miles for year is going to remain just that. :angry:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I can't take the chance on my commute, if it's icy it's just too risky.
So, last week off the bike, this week isn't looking good and neither is next week :wacko:

Happily, I have the MTB to play on (out tomorrow night) but am looking forward to getting back on the road.

I'm going mental inside, doing off bike stuff just doesn't cut it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Two and a half weeks for me without a bike ride... good job I've already passed my 3,000 mile target for the year... snow/ice show no signs of going away... though we've not had any fresh snow for a week now, still sub-zero temps most of the time.

Top Bottom