Ooo-oo-ouch !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

You're better off with a King Edward down there anyway Andy.

Crashing a car is bad for you? Thats pretty big news, I mean, sh*t, I never knew that. I thought wrapped up in my lovely safety cage I was invincible, a f**king man-made god.

How about all the peds, cyclists, bikers injured by cars today? They aren't news because its allways the same story - car hits them, they die or go to hospital, open and shut case. But a driver with a belly-button piercing OMG!!!! stop the presses!!!

So this girl after her "freak accident" is going to start going on about how unsafe belly-button rings are. SURELY she should be saying - don't drive like a tw@t, because thats what caused her peircing to penetrate her stomach. Weather she caused the crash, or someone else did, its not her piercing that needs attention, its that someone ploughed a lump of steel into something else.

Pete

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Crashing a car is bad for you? Thats pretty big news, I mean, sh*t, I never knew that. I thought wrapped up in my lovely safety cage I was invincible, a f**king man-made god.
Good point. After all it wasn't the stud that 'crashed', was it? And:
The family say police told them nobody was at fault for the crash.
how can you have a car crash in which 'nobody was at fault'? Unless it was a very rare instance of unforeseen mechanical failure (and brake failure is not an excuse: brakes generally fail because they've been poorly maintained).

As far as I'm concerned, the only bit of jewellery I wear is my wedding ring which is a plain gold ring. Don't really expect it to be an additional hazard in a crunch situation unless someone can tell me different. I do know to take it off when handling large batteries, though! ;)

I make absolutely sure the only metal on me when I'm on my motorbike is the pendent of my necklace (not that I have any piercings to worry about though) after my IAM instructor told me a horror story of attending the scene of a motorbike crash.

The biker had been knocked off at around 70mph and when sliding across the road outside of his leathers split at the pocket and the road sharpened the coins in his pocket, and buried them in his thigh!! ;)

Apologies for my language in the earlier post, but this kind of "news" gets my goat.

col

Legendary Member
Reminds me of when we slid off on a roundabout years ago,my brother had an RD250,giving me a lift home late one night,he forgot to allow for the extra weight,ahem,and as he went into the right hand turn of the roundabout,the centre stand touched the road and lifted the bikes back wheel.I slid on my arse to the kerb,but when i got up,it took a few seconds for me to realise,there was a coin in my back pocket,which had got hot,and started to burn me arse,i had a red coin shaped blob there for a few days.

Top Bottom