open to suggestion on what bike for £1700

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bad boy

Über Member
Hi All,

I will be quick what bike would you guys and girls recommend for £1700 .

I know ultimately I need to ride them all and see what fits best but I was looking for suggestions to help get me started.

I want something that is light and has a more race orientated geo as thats what I will be using it for.

Many Thanks

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Hi All,

I will be quick what bike would you guys and girls recommend for £1700 .

I know ultimately I need to ride them all and see what fits best but I was looking for suggestions to help get me started.

I want something that is light and has a more race orientated geo as thats what I will be using it for.

Many Thanks

What sort of racing ?

For TT I would love an Orbea Ora T105

Orbea-Ora-T106-LARGE.jpg

Total Bike Gear

mortiroloVeloce10.jpg I think the best route to take is a bike fitting to findyour geometry and match that to the different manufacturer's geometries. This will have you on the bike longer and harder. The budget is good so you should have a good choice.

There are a lot of palces that do biometric bike fitting for bikes so have a look around.

As for what I would get, probably a Wilier Mortirolo Veloce, about £100 more than your budget but worthit.
Wilier Mortirolo - Veloce Road Bike, 2010

Good luck

I bought my £1500 bike 3 years ago prior to a bike fitting, I dealt with an excellent lbs manager (the staff aren't great though) subsequently I got a bike fit but he had got it almost spot on; I think though if I was spending that again I'd go for a bike fit first.

I'm also drawn towards the Wilier's too I think I would choose one of them and owning a Bianchi I'd also be partial to something they had in that range. My Carbon bike is from their C2C range which has slightly relaxed geometry but is v light and no slouch their B4P (Born for Performance) range has the more racy geometry. Their Mono Q looks fab, from a quick google they vary in price between £1500 for a last years model and £2000

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
Thanks for all the replies, I think thats probably the best route to take getting a proper bike fit and then taking it from there. I want to make sure its the right bike for me over anything else.

Sorry I should have said I didnt want an out and out TT bike although I will be using it for the triathlons also so will need to get some tt bars to clip on later.

cheers

MichaelM

Guru
Thanks for all the replies, I think thats probably the best route to take getting a proper bike fit and then taking it from there. I want to make sure its the right bike for me over anything else.

Sorry I should have said I didnt want an out and out TT bike although I will be using it for the triathlons also so will need to get some tt bars to clip on later.

cheers

I saw the new Orbea Onix in the lbs, there was a black/grey, and a red - I thought the black/grey looked fantastic (£1500 for 105, £1900 Ultegra)

http://www.epic-cycl...x-TLTA-1000.jpg

Top Bottom