[Opinions] Polaris Orbiter Weather jacket from Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi,

I have 2 items in my halfords basket, and I can get the jacket free in the 3 for 2 sale.

I plan to be using it for rides of 20 -60 miles from January to about april-ish, depending on the weather. I dont plan to be setting out in rainor going out if heavey rain is forcast, but at that time of the year its certain I will get caught out at some time. I do plan to be riding to improve my fitness, so I will be giving it some effort and not dawdling.

The main thing Im after is, is it breathable enough for when Im giving it some effort?

Or is it worth avoiding and getting something else?

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_228859

Downward

Guru
I have the aqualite for those summer showers which I also use in winter to wear under my winter jacket.

Showerproof rather than waterproof, You'll probably get wetter in the summer in the rain via sweat as it's totally non breathable.

It's ok however for the cool spring, summer,autumn morning,evening and small enough to roll up and keep in your jersey pocket.

mr_s81

Über Member
I got this jacket through my cycle to work voucher at Halfords and I have to say, as far as its waterproofing abilities goes, it's been spot on! As for the breathability aspect, I wouldn't be so sure. If you are intending to give it some if and if you're anything like me, you'll find yourself getting sweaty sooner rather than later.

All things said and done though, I still like the jacket and although it keeps me 100% dry from the outside in, from the inside out things aren't so pleasant!! :blush:

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom