Otley cycle races tonight.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

For those who werent aware its the otley cycle races tonight. These are closed road races around the town centre. The racing is of a really high standard, you will see olympians of the past and future. It's also really exciting, if you havent seen how fast the elite riders go on a crit them prepare to be surprised.

Theres loads of pubs to grab a pint in and plenty of chipies too. If you can make it, i'm sure you will have a terrific time.

andy

(i know its OT but i didnt want you to miss out.)

Big T

Guru
I'll be there. My lad's riding the Elite race (Steve Adams - Pearl Izumi).

I won't be drinking cos I'm driving, I might treat myself to some chips.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Enjoy it! We had all the guys up here in Newcastle for the Leazes Crits and hte Beaumont Trophy road race a week or so back... which was all great.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Hey, good luck to your son. Takes a great deal of dedication and hard work -you must be proud of him!

Big T said:
I'll be there. My lad's riding the Elite race (Steve Adams - Pearl Izumi).

I won't be drinking cos I'm driving, I might treat myself to some chips.

Losidan

what the heck was the deal with the traffic tonight. I live in eccleshill and was planning to go and watch. Every road had queues for miles and in the end I had to come home!!!

And I am talking the roads in bradford...I could understand for Otley for the racing but by eck it was mad in bradford and onwards tonight

Big T

Guru
Traffic wasn't too bad for us coming in off the A1.

Weather was awful. Hammered down all evening and then stopped just after they'd finished. The corner by Chevin cycles was scary, after coming down that hill at 40 mph.

I think my lad got in the top 15. It was down to who had the most bottle on the last corner. 26 miles in 1 hour and 1 min in those conditions. Amazing!

Got some nice chips from Gay Lane Fisheries!

OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

Losidan - your not being chipophobic i hope.

Big T your right, i already knew i didnt have the legs/speed/physique to ever race at the top level, i now know i dont have the bottle either.

atbman

Veteran
Unfortunately, there was a major accident on the A59 and some of the riders never made it. A couple of youngsters from our club took 3.5 hours to do the 20 miles from their home to event HQ.

They still raced, tho'. It was the first road race I've ever organised wearing wellies. It was the animals heading for high ground in pairs that worried me, tho'

Top Bottom