Ouch! I fell off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

I screwed up a corner on my way home last night and came off at around 20mph - the bike just slipped from underneath me.

I seem to be basically okay - my right knee took the brunt of it - I've got a nasty big graze on it but I was able to cycle the rest of the way home and although it's sore the underlying joint seems to work fine. I don't suppose I'll be cycling for a few days, though.

My bike seems okay from it - the only casualty was my blinky LED cateye, which has been basically reduced to a battery casing.

Although the bikecam came off its mount and bounced down the road with me, it kept on recording and is undamaged. It's a great little gadget!

Of course, I've put the footage online :smile:

domtyler

Über Member
Whoopsie!!! How did that happen btw? Looked pretty dry to me.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Timmy, it does say SLOW in large letters across the road just before where you came off, do you think someone was trying to tell something?:smile:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ooh unlucky mate! Here's a bit of virtual compeed for the road rash. Enjoy picking it!

OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

domtyler said:
Whoopsie!!! How did that happen btw? Looked pretty dry to me.

Yeah - the road wasn't obviously wet - just a bit damp from rain earlier in the day, and I hadn't really noticed up until then. I also went into the corner a bit faster than usual.

I think I was fairly lucky in that my tracksuit bottoms didn't tear (much) so that the main graze didn't actually contact the road itself, only the inside of my clothing. There's a big patch of rubbed off skin and hair on the inside of them :blush: , but at least I didn't have to pick any grit out of my knee.

Anyway, I had the day off work tomorrow anyway, so I can just hobble around at home :smile:

Oh My God! That is scary! It is scary because it was a crash of course, but even scarier because of the similarity to my incident wearing exactly the same camera

Remember Tim won the camera from me!! :blush:

I too was ok apart from the road rash.

Very very spooky....:smile:

Glad your ok by the way!

Top Bottom