Overrated bands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The answer is, of course, the Beatles.

Next thread!

Flying_Monkey said:
We did this one a few months back... I seem to remember it got pretty nasty!
And the answer back then was.....the Beatles.

Oasis? No.This requires that the band in question were taken seriously in the first place and that bunch of lumpen dung-humpers never were...:bravo:

Kovu

Über Member
Chuffy said:
Oasis? No.This requires that the band in question were taken seriously in the first place and that bunch of lumpen dung-humpers never were...:rolleyes:

Fair point taken! :bravo:

yello

Oh come on... it has to be Coldplay!

And there's a French band that are desperately trying to sound like them too!

Kovu

Über Member
yello said:
Oh come on... it has to be Coldplay!

I like Coldplay, don't think they are overrated at all. Loved thier latest album.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A fair number of people always mention the Beatles, but ask all the bands of today who their influences were and who they most admire and a fair number, hardly any of who had been born at the time, will site the Beatles.

Kovu

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
i'll put that down to you not having lived properly through decades of decent choice :bravo:

:rolleyes:;) Thought that might come up.
Not so though, I have varied music taste. had Guns N Roses on a minute ago.

Smokin Joe said:
A fair number of people always mention the Beatles, but ask all the bands of today who their influences were and who they most admire and a fair number, hardly any of who had been born at the time, will site the Beatles.
You're answering a different question Joe. Influential? Yes, undoubtedly.

What gets up my nose is the way that the Beatles have ascended to the level of canon. They're not a band to like or dislike. Saying you don't like them simply isn't allowed. As a mere mortal you can't possibly pass judgement on them. They Are Great and that's a fact beyond debate.

I f*king hate them, just as I hated all of the Victorian novelists that I had stuffed down my throat at school. The Beatles broke up nearly 40 years ago, can we move on ffs? :bravo:

Top Bottom