Overshoes are a LIE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Notsoblue

I have a pair of Pearl Izumi Shines, and a couple of my mates have some Endura overshoes, but on a recent LEJOG they simply didn't keep our feet dry for longer than an hour in the rain. Does anyone have any overshoes that actually keep their feet dry?

dondare

Über Member
If you want dry feet then don't cycle in the rain.

Plastic bags over your socks work better than anything else, they come free with bread from the supermarket.

bonj2

they'renot that waterproof, but they're not really meant to keep your feet dry, they're meant to keep them warm. They are a bit waterproof, but not a lot.

iwf

I'm not so sure I agree with the premise that overshoes don't keep your feet dry.

Having recent 'upgraded' my winter gear today's bad weather gave me an opportunity to try it all out. se5 to Croyden Ikea

Altura Nevis jacket, Altura tech over trousers and Gore MTBII overshoes. 8 mile cycle to Ikea to buy a mouse mat (well I needed an excuse) I couldn't work out whether I was damp from sweat or the rain, and did it rain, but on arrival I was quite damp under all the ear. The same on the return journey, so 16 miles in all.

The only part of me completly dry was my feet. overtousers covered the top of the overshoes, so no running down the leg problems.

Thumbs up for the Gore overshoes.

Tynan

Veteran
op wants to know about shoes that stay dry for more than an hour, as I read it

erm, suspect new unripped ones are theoretically waterproof but the holes for cleats and the ankle cuff lets them down

dondare

Über Member
My Sealskinz socks are warm but soak up water like a sponge; like I said, plastic bags are effective and cheap.

Top Bottom