Oxfam's finest

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Oxfam's finest indeed. Excellent management leading to an appropriate outcome. I think I'll give 'em £50.

U

User169

[QUOTE 5145138, member: 43827"]Shock, horror. Some aid workers were less than perfect seven years ago.

Hang on, they have been sacked.

End of story.[/QUOTE]

They were allowed to resign I think.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
They were allowed to resign I think.
"four members of staff were dismissed as a result of the investigation and three resigned before the end of the investigation" says the report in the OP.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
"four members of staff were dismissed as a result of the investigation and three resigned before the end of the investigation" says the report in the OP.
They were allowed to resign have fully cooperated with the investigation.

[QUOTE 5145933, member: 76"]The statement you have linked to does not mention DFID, it barely mentions the nature of the allegations, it says nothing.[/QUOTE]
From the link
Oxfam Trustees, the Charity Commission and DFID, as well as other major donors of our Haiti work including the EU, WHO and UN agencies, were kept informed of the investigation and its outcome.
Now yes, it could be argued that exact sentence is in the 'notes to editors' section, but it is right there on the page.

Oh - and to be clear and in hope of avoiding a confusing diverson, of course I agree that from what I have read both now and at the time, the actions of those Oxfam staff in Haiti were completely unacceptable. I also thought it was reasonably clear that Oxfam thought so too.

So, moving on, in what way do you feel
[QUOTE 5145933, member: 76"]Oxfam sets itself above others[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom