Padded shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Hiya Gallego & welcome to CC, your profile doesn't say whether you are male of female, the pads in shorts are anatomically shapped to fit 'different' physiques.
I have several pairs of mens Endura, Scotts shorts, I had to buy the mens as womens style were not long enough in the body for me (i'm a bit on the tall side) But I did find a pair of womens Alturas that fit last week - all 3 of which are great.
The Enduras, have several large/deep pockets, ideal for maps & little bits of kit, the Scotts & Alturas don't.
Shorts that have elasticated parts on the waist/hips & on the inner legs are great, allows freedom of movemnet, also most are made of quick drying fabric which is great if you get caught in the rain or for off-roading.

If you have an Evans store near you, pop in & try some out, they normally have ahuge range in stock...But ordering online is quite often cheaper;)

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I don't bother with padded or lycra but i guess by buttocks have hardened like a hard shell ! Both padded and lycra seemed to cause more discomfort than a pair of decent baggy shorts or trousers with the help of Brookes seat.

Endura Humvees for me (in 3/4 length) get used more than anything else.

I've also go some Tenn outdoors lycra shorts which are a decent fit. They also do baggies with liners - I would think the liners would be similar to the lycra shorts

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I tried some Altura Mayhem ones but they made me look like MC Hammer, so I sold them. What I use is just regular lycra shorts or padded undershorts and I use Ronhill Advance Long running shorts. I carefully cut the bamboo liners out with scissors and they have been superb, they are very thin and do not look nowhere as silly on me as the baggy MTB style shorts. It is a cheaper option too as the Ronhill's cost me around £14.

cycleGeoff

the tenn-outdoors stuff is good. Also try looking on cycle-clothes.co.uk, they have cheap deals there.

In terms of which shorts to get depends really on what kind of cycling you do. If its off road then you'll want more padding. on-road you'll want less. Marathon riding you'll want ALOT.

Top Bottom