Pannier bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SKoob

HI all,

I've been managing my commute with a backpack/hydration pack for the last year or so but I'm starting to get lower back pain and i've not got alot of room in there. I can just about fit a pair of shoes, clothes that have to be scrunched up (not ideal for a shirt and trousers), U-Lock and a couple of inner tubes. This doesn't leave me room for food or anything else. I've now got a pannier rack fitted to my bike so am looking at bags to go on it. I'm after one that will fit a pair of shoes, shirt, trousers, lunch, lock, tools, inner tubes and some room for shopping with good water proofing. I'm not sure what sort of capacity I'd be needing, I've been having a quick look but the pricing seems to vary massivley. I don't mind forking out for a decent pair as long as I know that its money well spent. Please give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance ;)

Lidl next monday has a set for £16.99

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
My link

mines just a cheapish pair of bags. It means I tend to only use the offside one. As previously stated, stick clothes in a carrier bag too.

Everyone goes Ortlieb in the end.
I'm sorry to say that I'll be bucking that trend having just checked them out HERE

I'm sure they are very good, but I couldn't warrant spending that wedge for what I'll be using them for, (short commute only).

monnet

Guru
Ortliebs for me. Superb quality. I've been using my pair to commute everyday for 4 years now. They're a bit grubby but in no way worn. 100% waterproof.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Having been recommended Ortlieb by almost everybody, and being a tight fisted northerner, I was looking for something a little cheaper. I was after front panniers and the Ortlieb front rollers were £64. Bit steep for a couple of bags I thought. After shopping around and shopping around some more... something similar, yet cheaper and still reasonably waterproof I was sill looking at £40-50 for a pair... so i went Ortlieb in the end.

Top Bottom