Pannier Rack for my Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Can anyone please recommend a rear Pannier Rack that will attach to the bike below which has a 27" wheel and a large frame (I can't remember the frame size).
bike.JPG

Thanks,
Shaun.

Tynan

Veteran
if it doesn't have eyes in the frame for the rack to be screwed into, and it looks like it doesn't, you're looking at having the rack attached with P clips which limits how much weight you'll be able to carry but it's still plenty

your LBS will be able to advise and fit

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Tynan,
I don't think my bike has the eyes in the frame you mention. What do the P clips attach to? By the way, the only weight I need to carry is a laptop (and pack lunch).
Thanks,
Shaun.

bike2.jpg

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

From what I can tell, for the pannier rack that attaches to the seat post, it looks like its lower part does not attached to anything. That doesn't look too secure to me.
Shaun.

Shaun said:
From what I can tell, for the pannier rack that attaches to the seat post, it looks like its lower part does not attached to anything. That doesn't look too secure to me.
Shaun.

i had one but it didn't take much weight and did move sometimes because i couldn't get it tight enough.
a proper pannier rack should be ok. it'll bolt to the same eyelet as the mudguards at the hub ,with p clips at the top.
I'm using one like that at the moment.

Alcdrew

Shaun said:
Shaun.

I used to have have one of these (which I recently sold on ebay) and I found it very good. Held up to 9kg and never had any problems with it moving, but I did follow advice I found online when fitting it, by using a piece of old innertube as a collar. But it's not the cheapest option. I think unless you want to be able to remove the rack regularly then it's not worth it.

You could consider one of these. Not cheap but a quality bit of kit.

http://www.carradice.co.uk/sqr-saddlepacks/sqr-slim.shtml

Top Bottom